Bailey Cadamarteri

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Always good to see young players coming through at your club. But unfortunately we have a chairman who values old and worthless over young a promising.  So if he does make it he won't be here long.

Just ask Hirst, Clare, Shaw, Urhoghide, Hunt, Waldock, Brennan, Preston, Borukov, Kirby just a selection of the ones we have lost and will lose over the last 2 years.

We didn't  lose Borukov,Kirby and Preston. It was the clubs choice to release them because they weren't  deemed  good  enough. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Best father-son duo since the other father-son duo.

Carlton and Liam?

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

If we're relegated before the last day I'd get him in the squad, along with loads of other kids.

Stop playing those who won't be with us next year.

A squad number at the age of 15...reytlol.....I’ve got an idea how this will play out in a couple of years..but hey ho.l

13 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

One of the few upsides about being in league 1 next season - with Moore in charge, could be the likes of Cadamarteri, and other youngsters like Zottos, and the older ones, Waldock, Thompson, start getting first team football, particularly in the Johnstone’s paint trophy. 

Unless the rules have changed, you have to play a first team squad members for the JPT. You can only may so many changes from your last lineup. 

Remember Megson getting fined as he made the maximum changes then subbed Weaver off after 1 minute to give the 2nd choice goalie a game. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, kristmace said:

Unless the rules have changed, you have to play a first team squad members for the JPT. You can only may so many changes from your last lineup. 

Remember Megson getting fined as he made the maximum changes then subbed Weaver off after 1 minute to give the 2nd choice goalie a game. 🤣

Yes good memories!

Of course I don’t mean we play a side with 16/17 year olds, more that they can appear off the bench more than they could in the championship. 

We have even less chance of keeping hold of any decent young players once we are in league 1, the only thing we can offer them is the chance of senior football.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, malek said:

I'm talking for years about need to invest into youth players, not meaning about putting money into academy, coaches, etc... 

We can't offer them money or training experience that richer clubs can, so we must offer them defined route to first team football and make them feel wanted. 

When Hirst left we refused to take him on Pre season tour and issue him with a squad number. If we treat young Cadamarteri the same way we will lose him as well. 

This is it i see the Hirst thing as much our fault as his. He had just scored all those goals was top scorer in an international tournament for his country his strike Partner (Ben Brearton at Forest) had just made his first team debut and Hirst felt he was at least ready to be involved... what did we do, spaffed money on Fletcher Rhodes and Winnall to add to Forestieri Hooper Joao and Nuhiu and told him it was another year in the under 23's. 

Now im not saying he and his advisers were innocent but come on its bad management from our end.

Were doing it again now and we are actually giving them a route to the first team... there is no forward planning. Shaw is off, fully expect Urgohide to be next and then the rest of them that are out of contract nit have been involved in the first team are at the end of there contracts. We just do not learn and its clear DC hasnt got a clue with his latest interview "last season no one was saying give Shaw a new contract"..... its not the fans who should have been saying this!!! He started a game or two last season, which suggests the coaching staff and manager thought he had something about him. He should have had a new contract then !!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rogers said:

Didn’t Danny work for us for a bit? Or am I thinking of someone else. 

Wasn't he one of our coaches a few years back under SG and when Carlos first came in?? 

Though may have been like hirst snr when Milan was owner, he just came in and did a bit of striker coaching ever so often without being a permanent member of the coaching team. 

26 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes good memories!

Of course I don’t mean we play a side with 16/17 year olds, more that they can appear off the bench more than they could in the championship. 

We have even less chance of keeping hold of any decent young players once we are in league 1, the only thing we can offer them is the chance of senior football.  

Thing is as a young player out to make a name for yourself, you need first team football to showcase your ability. 

I had a few offers for some bigger rugby teams than batley.

Though having spoken to my dad we decided on going to batley mainly becouse it was an easier route to first team and if I improved as I got older I'd be picked up then by a bigger club. 

Unfortunately tearing the anterior and cruciate ligaments wasn't such an easy fix back then. 

15 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

I hope there's none of the overhype like there was with George Hirst. Some similarities-well known Dad, striker, seems be stand out in his age group etc.

Doesn't matter if hes over-hyped. take the risk and get him tied down as soon as we can. Some will be great and make us some money, some will not and just fade out. But the small amount he can be tied down to as a 17 year old is a lot less than the money we are throwing away paying for past it mercenaries. Got to get them committed before their agent knows they are good and they have other options. 

Guest Smackavolley
12 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

We didn't  lose Borukov,Kirby and Preston. It was the clubs choice to release them because they weren't  deemed  good  enough. 

Not sure it was that straightforward. I guess that Borukov and his agent wanted too much money + he was hardly setting the world on fire.

Bit puzzled by Cadamarteri Snr's comments in the article. His lad has always been rated as a top prospect by anyone who's seen him. Parents and coaches alike. It's good to see all our age groups playing 2 up front now. Be interesting to see what happens to the goals for column for the remainder of the season. There's a lot of U23's coming to the end of their contract. Any who will be definitely been released should go. I'd like to see four or five of the U18's given a run in the U23's now.

It would also free up places in the U18's for Cadamarteri and other promising U16's to play U18 football. Neither side is playing for anything so fast track development when the opportunity is there.