Bailey Cadamarteri

I'm talking for years about need to invest into youth players, not meaning about putting money into academy, coaches, etc... 

We can't offer them money or training experience that richer clubs can, so we must offer them defined route to first team football and make them feel wanted. 

When Hirst left we refused to take him on Pre season tour and issue him with a squad number. If we treat young Cadamarteri the same way we will lose him as well. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, shandypants said:

He'll be another one to leave for the square root of fvvck all.

Yep. I hate to be cynical about it, but I honestly don't see the point of us having an academy or U23s anymore. Well, at least while ever DC's in charge, or running things as he currently does.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, malek said:

I'm talking for years about need to invest into youth players, not meaning about putting money into academy, coaches, etc... 

We can't offer them money or training experience that richer clubs can, so we must offer them defined route to first team football and make them feel wanted. 

When Hirst left we refused to take him on Pre season tour and issue him with a squad number. If we treat young Cadamarteri the same way we will lose him as well. 

He's 15.

I'm all for giving youth a chance, but unless he's a world beater there's no way he deserves a squad number.

• Like 8

One of the few upsides about being in league 1 next season - with Moore in charge, could be the likes of Cadamarteri, and other youngsters like Zottos, and the older ones, Waldock, Thompson, start getting first team football, particularly in the Johnstone’s paint trophy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Always good to see young players coming through at your club. But unfortunately we have a chairman who values old and worthless over young a promising.  So if he does make it he won't be here long.

Just ask Hirst, Clare, Shaw, Urhoghide, Hunt, Waldock, Brennan, Preston, Borukov, Kirby just a selection of the ones we have lost and will lose over the last 2 years.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, markowl said:

He's 15.

I'm all for giving youth a chance, but unless he's a world beater there's no way he deserves a squad number.

No one talks about getting him on the bench right now (actually few did). I'm talking that effort must be done to show that Sheffield Wednesday aint a bad club for a young player, that his progress is appreciated and he got a long term future here. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, malek said:

No one talks about getting him on the bench right now (actually few did). I'm talking that effort must be done to show that Sheffield Wednesday aint a bad club for a young player, that his progress is appreciated and he got a long term future here. 

I think it is worth considering putting him on the bench, for the reasons I outlined in the other thread. Once we are down, it’s an opportunity to blood youngsters. We can have 9 players on the bench, and with no recognised striker in the U23s, why not give him a spot on the bench. Also, increases the amount of compensation we might get, if he were to be poached