Hillsborough Stadium - Home of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club

31 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

My god. If this is true this undermines pretty much everything I’ve ever believed about the world!

I’m going to have to have a lie down..

Don't tell me you were doing lots of shopping at Presto thinking you were support the club... 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bobness said:

Don't tell me you were doing lots of shopping at Presto thinking you were support the club... 

:duntmatter:

It’s just such a shock when something you thought you knew turns out to be wrong. 
Like finding out it’s not ‘tender hooks’ its ‘tenter hooks’, or Koala Bears aren’t even a type of Bear at all. Very upsetting....

55 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Think Hull might have something to say. Were now down to 3rd best already.  Sorry but no way is Hillsborough comparable to either Hulls or Sunderlands. 

Hull, really!? You ever been in away end there it’s full of bird poo. And it’s soulless. Stadium of light is a good stadium no denying that tbf. But not Hull ffs. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Think Hull might have something to say. Were now down to 3rd best already.  Sorry but no way is Hillsborough comparable to either Hulls or Sunderlands. 

So you think hull will be in the 3rd division next season?

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, Señor Sam said:

Best stadium in the 3rd Division.

You obviously have never been to stadium MK...it makes Hillsboro look like stocksbridge park steels

1 hour ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

EXACTLY.........what I said.....Hillsborough has far more character....incomparable...I agree

• Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Hull, really!? You ever been in away end there it’s full of bird poo. And it’s soulless. Stadium of light is a good stadium no denying that tbf. But not Hull ffs. 

How ‘soulless’..wotever that means...is Hillsboro on an average match day :duntmatter:

46 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

It’s just such a shock when something you thought you knew turns out to be wrong. 
Like finding out it’s not ‘tender hooks’ its ‘tenter hooks’, or Koala Bears aren’t even a type of Bear at all. Very upsetting....

Or like finding out English Breakfast tea doesn’t taste like bacon, egg and tomato..........

Like I did at 27

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

How ‘soulless’..wotever that means...is Hillsboro on an average match day :duntmatter:

"Soulless".....gets trotted out everytime someone mentions a better stadium than ours

The most modern design is the North, built in 1961!

The rest of the stadium is just a hotchpotch job done on the cheap 

As for the Lep ...whoever sanctioned that should have been shot 

Believe it or not there are 8 posts (back and front) holding that roof up,

and some folk on here say its the best view in the ground !

I'd take a rebuilt "soulless bowl" over the tired, worn out,soulless embarrassment that passes by some as "A thing of beauty "

• Like 6

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, the monk said:

"Soulless".....gets trotted out everytime someone mentions a better stadium than ours

The most modern design is the North, built in 1961!

The rest of the stadium is just a hotchpotch job done on the cheap 

As for the Lep ...whoever sanctioned that should have been shot 

Believe it or not there are 8 posts (back and front) holding that roof up,

and some folk on here say its the best view in the ground !

I'd take a rebuilt "soulless bowl" over the tired, worn out,soulless embarrassment that passes by some as "A thing of beauty "

💯

7 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

"And the time you thought Sheffield United had a better team than us"

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

You obviously have never been to stadium MK...it makes Hillsboro look like stocksbridge park steels

Have they finished it now? It’s also the most pointless. What’s it hold 25000. Only way they will ever get that is with a big away following

9 hours ago, Mac_77 said:

Or like finding out English Breakfast tea doesn’t taste like bacon, egg and tomato..........

Like I did at 27

English Breakfast tea. Grown in Assam, Ceylon and Kenya. It was named ‘English Breakfast tea’ by the Americans. It’s literally not English at all!