Seven More Goals

Guest Jack the Hat

Guest Jack the Hat

And Jordan Rhodes is the all time Top Scorer in the Championship. His two against Barnsley took him to 115; David Nugent is on 121. He is now above some guy called Billy Sharp who plays for another club in Sheffield - I dunno who, must be the Leadmill. If he gets those seven goals, who knows what could happen!! Come on Jordan.

It's been a really strange period of his career playing for us.

Out of favour throughout; written off by many fans and managers over four years but scored the odd brace and hattrick, which kept everyone's interest.

Yet Norwich rated him and went up to the PL, and allegedly offer another loan or modest £2m to sign him - DC said no, but didn't make his managers, who by this time where vying to be the worst managers in our history, play him. 

I imagine it's too late for him and us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Animis said:

allegedly offer another loan or modest £2m to sign him

They didn't offer any money to sign him, they wanted him for free as they knew we were embargoed and needed his wages off the bill.

We still owed Boro for him at the time.

• Like 6

Brilliant. I’m sure Rhodes will get the record, if not this season then next as I’m sure another Championship club will sign him (if we don’t stay up). The mad thing about football is if he suddenly becomes a goal machine and keeps us up he’ll probably become a club legend!

26 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

He was at Norwich whilst Bruce was here wasn't he?

He had the bit of pre-season before Bruce waddled off. 

I can't remember if Bruce had left by the time we played the pre season friendlies

18 hours ago, Animis said:

It's been a really strange period of his career playing for us.

Out of favour throughout; written off by many fans and managers over four years but scored the odd brace and hattrick, which kept everyone's interest.

Yet Norwich rated him and went up to the PL, and allegedly offer another loan or modest £2m to sign him - DC said no, but didn't make his managers, who by this time where vying to be the worst managers in our history, play him. 

I imagine it's too late for him and us. 

We signed a player whom if you play to his style and strengths will score goals. We made him our record signing and probably our highest paid player outside the top diviosn days. 

Then in our infinite wisdom we keep signing managers that play dour, counterattack, defensive football and or inverted wingers who stop attacks dead and deliver in swinging balls straight down the keepers throat. 

In his entire time here we've not had a manager that plays simple get it wide, overlapping football quick crosses into the box with runners creating space from midfield. It hasn't worked becouse we've never played in a way that suits  Jordan. 

It's typical Wednesday, buy your most expensive signing and then not build a side around /accommodate them. 

Most other clubs would be building a side around their record signing. 

• Like 2