Alex Neil

Just left Preston by mutual consent.

Admittedly I haven’t been looking closely but thought he was doing a steady job there. Mid range budget, perhaps expected to make the playoffs regardless. Had a few decent players sold.

Im sure he was linked with the job here before Monk came in. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

He just seems to be one of those managers who gets on and off the managerial merry go round without really achieving much.

2 promotions at his previous clubs. Preston probably punching above their weight with their budget. Think he's done a decent job there tbh

• Like 3

Guys, Alex Neil has achieved miracles at Preston.

Preston have a bottom 3 budget and have done every year since he has been there.  They limit their player salaries to £15k a week max.

Yet they always overperform.  

I would take Neil in a heartbeat.

Well he’s not going to Aberdeen. They’ve appointed ex player Stephen Glass and Scott Brown is joining from Celtic as player assistant manager. That’s a shocker of an appointment IMO they’d have been better sticking with McInnes.

Cheap option and sums up their club at the moment, the new stadium is pie in the sky too, they’ll struggle next season and their American owner is taking them for a ride. 

Good news for me as a Hearts fan for next season. Watch the amount of cards Brown gets next season now he’s not in Glasgow too. He won’t have the refs protection next season lol

• Like 2

On 22/03/2021 at 09:01, Bez said:

Guys, Alex Neil has achieved miracles at Preston.

Preston have a bottom 3 budget and have done every year since he has been there.  They limit their player salaries to £15k a week max.

Yet they always overperform.  

I would take Neil in a heartbeat.

Not saying Preston have a big budget but their wage bill is bigger than Barnsley, Rotherham, Luton and Wycombe so not bottom 3 as you suggest. 

5 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Well he’s not going to Aberdeen. They’ve appointed ex player Stephen Glass and Scott Brown is joining from Celtic as player assistant manager. That’s a shocker of an appointment IMO they’d have been better sticking with McInnes.

Cheap option and sums up their club at the moment, the new stadium is pie in the sky too, they’ll struggle next season and their American owner is taking them for a ride. 

Good news for me as a Hearts fan for next season. Watch the amount of cards Brown gets next season now he’s not in Glasgow too. He won’t have the refs protection next season lol

from an outsider I’m surprised Brown has left Celtic, is it a surprise to many?