Line of Duty

14 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Thought the attempted murder of Terry by drowning was a really dumb storyline. Quite unbelievable really. Surely if he's part of OCG the gang would've just shown up and blown Terry's head off. They seemed quite competent when  they put Lindsay Denton (Keeley Hawes) in the frame in S2.

TBH while LoD was brilliant for S1 to S3 (S4 was meh) it started to lose its grip in S5 and because its now being written on the basis of links from previous series, it's too easy for the writers to use those links and twist everything many different ways. It's lost its element of surprise IMO

S6 is gonna have to end with something special

Yes I didn’t like that part, but to be fair Terry was in a secure unit for his safety so would have been difficult to kill him without having a lot of eyes on it. Nevertheless it was easy for that guard to break the woman’s (forget her name) wrist.

It all seems a bit too out in the open this series. Surely AC12 would have called Ryan in straight away when they found out who he was? 

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yes I didn’t like that part, but to be fair Terry was in a secure unit for his safety so would have been difficult to kill him without having a lot of eyes on it. Nevertheless it was easy for that guard to break the woman’s (forget her name) wrist.

It all seems a bit too out in the open this series. Surely AC12 would have called Ryan in straight away when they found out who he was? 

Think they are not wanting Ryan to know they are onto him.

Wasn't the one who broke what's her face's wrist the one who poured boiling water over Keeley Hawes hands?

How do these people keep getting employed lol.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, SiJ said:

Wasn't the one who broke what's her face's wrist the one who poured boiling water over Keeley Hawes hands?

A bit far fetched that they can pop up wherever they are needed and injure some prisoner

28 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

A bit far fetched that they can pop up wherever they are needed and injure some prisoner

Bit far fetched that they can break dot cottan out of the police hq due to having their own bent armed policemen lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OxonOwl said:

We probably want to stop thinking about bits that are far fetched or we'll ruin the whole thing lol

Exactly.

It's very much entertainment and it does it very well.

Honestly, it gives me 24 vibes, which itself was absolutely bonkers at time.

I reckon Ted isn’t H, but he might know who H is. Also reckon if this is the last series Ted might not see it through to the end. 

Edited by Essix Blue

25 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

I reckon Ted isn’t H, but he might know who H is. Also reckon if this is the last series Ted might not see it through to the end. 

Think they'll be one more after this, but I wouldn't rule out a main character death.

It is certainly shaping up that way.

I'm convinced one is dying and I'd put my money on Steve. I think he gets suspended for the drug test failure but shows up to be the hero to take the bullet for Kate.

Also, I've watched series 2 of Unforgotten now and the last episode of that was incredible. The acting was tremendous.

2 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

I'm convinced one is dying and I'd put my money on Steve. I think he gets suspended for the drug test failure but shows up to be the hero to take the bullet for Kate.

Also, I've watched series 2 of Unforgotten now and the last episode of that was incredible. The acting was tremendous.

Yeh Steve’s heading for a fall with the drug dependency 

2 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

I started watching Unforgotten 10 days ago and I finished Series 3 last night!

Absolutely superb, it's so different to Line of Duty that it's difficult to compare. I'd probably just about go for LoD because I love the main characters.

Brilliant, brilliant programme though and so very well put together.

Series 4 starts tonight!

10 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I started watching Unforgotten 10 days ago and I finished Series 3 last night!

Absolutely superb, it's so different to Line of Duty that it's difficult to compare. I'd probably just about go for LoD because I love the main characters.

Brilliant, brilliant programme though and so very well put together.

Series 4 starts tonight!

Yep, you cant compare them as they are far too different. I'll be starting on series three tonight probably. That ending to series two was just incredible.

• Like 1

It blew my mind when I heard Steve talk in his real life accent last week on a podcast, thick Scottish. His accent (or lack of) in the show is so good because its so non descript. I'd imagine that's much harder to do than a broad scouse or geordie for eg.

30 minutes ago, whatevertrevor said:

It blew my mind when I heard Steve talk in his real life accent last week on a podcast, thick Scottish. His accent (or lack of) in the show is so good because its so non descript. I'd imagine that's much harder to do than a broad scouse or geordie for eg.

Thought it was a London accent?

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Thought it was a London accent?

I'd say its more generic south-east, estuary type English. Milton Keynes, down to London, into Essex and Kent, but not strong London. Definitely not cockney. He sounds exactly like everyone I know (Milton Keynes-ish) and my northern family think I talk like a cockney too, but a cockney would never think I'm a cockney and I'd never think a cockney had my accent. 

I just said cockney way too much. 

Just now, whatevertrevor said:

I'd say its more generic south-east, estuary type English. Milton Keynes, down to London, into Essex and Kent, but not strong London. Definitely not cockney. He sounds exactly like everyone I know (Milton Keynes-ish) and my northern family think I talk like a cockney too, but a cockney would never think I'm a cockney and I'd never think a cockney had my accent. 

I just said cockney way too much. 

I read that full post in a cockney accent 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I read that full post in a cockney accent 

I'm now talking in my head like a cockney.

One thing us southerners from London satellite towns do as well is talk progressively more cockney as we drink. Saying T's is hard work.

Anyway, he does it really well I actually couldn't believe it was fake. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, whatevertrevor said:

I'm now talking in my head like a cockney.

One thing us southerners from London satellite towns do as well is talk progressively more cockney as we drink. Saying T's is hard work.

Anyway, he does it really well I actually couldn't believe it was fake. 

I have a friend from Scaborough, he moved there aged 8 from Glasgow. When he drinks he goes full Scottish. It's absolutely mental.  Sounds like DCI Arnott does in real life. But yeh you'd never guess Arnott was Scottish. 

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I found out the bloke was Scottish. 

Almost a practical job on him, seeing as seemingly everyone else is allowed to speak with their normal accent in this city somewhere in the Midlands. 

• Like 1

On 06/04/2021 at 02:21, edmontonowl said:

Thought the attempted murder of Terry by drowning was a really dumb storyline. Quite unbelievable really. Surely if he's part of OCG the gang would've just shown up and blown Terry's head off. They seemed quite competent when  they put Lindsay Denton (Keeley Hawes) in the frame in S2.

TBH while LoD was brilliant for S1 to S3 (S4 was meh) it started to lose its grip in S5 and because its now being written on the basis of links from previous series, it's too easy for the writers to use those links and twist everything many different ways. It's lost its element of surprise IMO

S6 is gonna have to end with something special

I reckon the OCG is pretty much just a circle of bent coppers blackmailing each other by this point.

There might be a couple of people traffickers still out there working their arses off desperately trying to bring in enough money to sustain their bent copper empire.

• Haha 1