Line of Duty

3 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

It's getting better after a weak start. 

Buckles definitely not the overlord, just way too obvious. 

The link in with Steph and the cash is interesting, I don't necessarily think she's involved in the OCG plot, but she's sucking Steve into something in order to have dirt on him.

I love how all the previous players are suddenly making an appearance, the warden at the prison breaking the cops wrist.

Evidently Ryan must have something on Kelly McDonald's character and she'll be concealing who got him onto the force and the specific department. 

All brewing up very nicely - loved seeing the golf club being waved around by Buckles. 

Didn’t Ted give the scouse woman that £50k in the envelope?

• Like 1

Yeah, wasn’t it the £50k that was never found (from the dodgy investment scheme bloke). Ted took it to the cemetery.

Wouldnt AC-12  have dragged Ryan in straight away when they realised who he was?

Edited by BIG D
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

And wasn't that the same envelope Ted had in the last series?

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Yeah, wasn’t it the £50k that was never found (from the dodgy investment scheme bloke). Ted took it to the cemetery.

Wouldnt AC-12  have dragged Ryan in straight away when they realised who he was?

I thought it was the envelope Ted had in his hotel room. 

And yeh - Ryan surely would be under official investigation now. 

• Like 1

Is Steve meant to be driving from the West Midlands up to Liverpool just to pop in on her? 

Yeah, her accent is pretty rubbish. But she's Irish. The producers probably think that is what Scousers sound like. 

11 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

It's getting better after a weak start. 

Buckles definitely not the overlord, just way too obvious. 

The link in with Steph and the cash is interesting, I don't necessarily think she's involved in the OCG plot, but she's sucking Steve into something in order to have dirt on him.

I love how all the previous players are suddenly making an appearance, the warden at the prison breaking the cops wrist.

Evidently Ryan must have something on Kelly McDonald's character and she'll be concealing who got him onto the force and the specific department. 

All brewing up very nicely - loved seeing the golf club being waved around by Buckles. 

I think Davidson suspects Kate and is trying to point her towards Buckles

Hastings held on to half the money he'd been given in an attempt to make him look corrupt and he gave it to Corbett's widow. Steve is suspicious of her lifestyle and her contact with Hastings. Hastings has some history with Corbett's mother back in Ireland.

It certainly looks like Davidson is being coerced by the OCG to be bent, possibly something to do with her mother.

I think Ryan is still only a foot soldier. He has been a sleeper for a while.

Who is high up in the OCG is ... well I don't know

16 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Didn’t Ted give the scouse woman that £50k in the envelope?

7 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Hastings held on to half the money he'd been given in an attempt to make him look corrupt and he gave it to Corbett's widow. Steve is suspicious of her lifestyle and her contact with Hastings. Hastings has some history with Corbett's mother back in Ireland.

It certainly looks like Davidson is being coerced by the OCG to be bent, possibly something to do with her mother.

Basically what I'm saying is I know fk all.

I'm waiting for next week's instalment when Poirot's scouse cousin pops up and says - eh lad, youse are all ***** wrong, you know nuttin.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Is Steve meant to be driving from the West Midlands up to Liverpool just to pop in on her? 

Yeah, her accent is pretty rubbish. But she's Irish. The producers probably think that is what Scousers sound like. 

He can’t tho can he. Pop her 

9 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Good points.

Didn't Ted keep half the money and hand over the rest? Can't remember

5 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

Good points.

Struggling to remember but I think the cops found half but he had half somewhere elsse that he ultimately gave to Corbett's widow. 

9 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Anybody see the Easter Egg?

1 hour ago, edmontonowl said:

Good points.

Ted in the cemetery at the end of the last series

0240E958-1C56-4BE6-BE0A-B8541C2FA2C5.thumb.jpeg.be19ecd9e0cb452605f008aa307abc53.jpeg

1 hour ago, edmontonowl said:

Good points.

Basically the ending credits of the series state that the guy who he was awaiting the investment money from claimed he paid him a £100k not just the £50k that was found when Ted was being investigated. 

Looks like Ted must be feeling guilty about something given it's now turned up at the widow's place, links to NI and all that. 

Links are slowly coming together, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the last 3 episodes play out because it's building to one hell of a crescendo.

Thought the attempted murder of Terry by drowning was a really dumb storyline. Quite unbelievable really. Surely if he's part of OCG the gang would've just shown up and blown Terry's head off. They seemed quite competent when  they put Lindsay Denton (Keeley Hawes) in the frame in S2.

TBH while LoD was brilliant for S1 to S3 (S4 was meh) it started to lose its grip in S5 and because its now being written on the basis of links from previous series, it's too easy for the writers to use those links and twist everything many different ways. It's lost its element of surprise IMO

S6 is gonna have to end with something special

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

Basically the ending credits of the series state that the guy who he was awaiting the investment money from claimed he paid him a £100k not just the £50k that was found when Ted was being investigated. 

Looks like Ted must be feeling guilty about something given it's now turned up at the widow's place, links to NI and all that. 

Links are slowly coming together, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the last 3 episodes play out because it's building to one hell of a crescendo.

There's 7 episodes in this series.

5 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Thought the attempted murder of Terry by drowning was a really dumb storyline. Quite unbelievable really. Surely if he's part of OCG the gang would've just shown up and blown Terry's head off. They seemed quite competent when  they put Lindsay Denton (Keeley Hawes) in the frame in S2.

TBH while LoD was brilliant for S1 to S3 (S4 was meh) it started to lose its grip in S5 and because its now being written on the basis of links from previous series, it's too easy for the writers to use those links and twist everything many different ways. It's lost its element of surprise IMO

I remember Jed Mercurio doing an interview some years back, during S2 I think, and saying that every series would link back to that first one. That they would all be inextricably linked.

This one is turning out much better than I had expected.

13 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Having watched the series back to back, they certainly fell a bit too much into the trap of so and so suddenly reappears from a previous series and is now bent.

By series 5, I pretty much knew what's her face (the lawyer from season 2?) was going to be bent after a few episodes. It was just laid on a bit too thick not to notice.

Sort of agree on the whole drowning bit. A nice set piece, but I'm struggling to work out what Pilkington's logic was there? I mean, he kills them and then what? Not the most subtle way of going about things. 

• Like 1

And I'm assuming that Steve is going to end up blackmailing Hastings over the cash.

Hastings knows Steve is onto him and is trying to send out hints with the drugs tests.