3 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I'm pretty sure they already did that in Season 3.

Did they? Genuinely dont remember that. Were they using pictures of him photoshopped in with the coppers? Just seemed a bit much to be plastering his picture in there a few times.

Unforgotten, which has just finished on ITV, is in a different league to Line of Duty. 

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Better than line of duty?

In my opinion. Well worth a catch up. 

• Like 3

Unforgotten is good because it is so understated and has storylines that reflect the consequences of past actions and decisions on the present and the future. Well written and acted.

Different kind of storytelling than LoD

• Like 3
12 hours ago, vulva said:

Unforgotten, which has just finished on ITV, is in a different league to Line of Duty. 

Both are excellent, but don't really bear direct comparison.

Each season of Unforgotten is pretty much stand alone and independent of the others, whereas in LoD each season is inextricably linked by a sub-plot. Unforgotten exists in a fairly self-contained environment with a limited array of permanent characters whereas LoD sprawls across the city with both a core cast and an extensive cast of semi-recurring characters who drift in and out of the main storylines.  Each season of Unforgotten works to the same specific formula whereas each season of LoD takes a different approach.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, vulva said:

Really enjoyed this and feel a bit sorry for the makers as it's disappeared off the radar a bit due to Line of Duty. Didn't expect the ending either.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Better than line of duty?

Almost

• Like 1

I’ve started Unforgotten from S1. I’m 2 and a bit episodes in and enjoying it. I prefer LoD so far mainly because of the main characters - Ted, Kate & Steve. 
It is good though.  

I've watched series one of that then series two went off ITV Player and i never got round to watching it. I've realised it's on Netflix so i think i'll get back in to it.

First series was very good. Totally different feel and tone to LOD. As I havent seen past series one i dont know if it's got the overarching story across series, they didnt set anything up in the first one though. 

That story arc is what set LOD apart but unfortunately it was what brought it down a bit in the last series where they overcomplicated it unnecessarily. I've enjoyed the start of series 6 so far but the main characters feel different because of that.

5 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

As I havent seen past series one i dont know if it's got the overarching story across series, they didnt set anything up in the first one though. 

No it hasn't. There's always a little bit of stuff going on the background about the coppers family lives, but that never spills over into the main plot and each series is self contained. What you will notice is that with Series 1 the writers established a formula which they repeat across all subsequent series. The suspects, their background and motives etc change from series to series, but other than that you're watching a similar story arc each time. It's none the worse for that, but don't expect the dizzying plot twists of LoD.

Blitzed my way through and now fully caught up.

Very good show.

Almost an American style show but very, very British in its execution.

Moved along a bit tonight. 

SPOILER ALERT

No way is BUCKELS a big player. He’s thick 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Moved along a bit tonight. 

SPOILER ALERT

No way is BUCKELS a big player. He’s thick 

SPOILER ALERT 

No chance he’s being set up. 

Could they not have found an actual scouser to play Steph? The storyline with her better be going somewhere good because her terrible accent makes me want to boil my head

• Like 2

It's getting better after a weak start. 

Buckles definitely not the overlord, just way too obvious. 

The link in with Steph and the cash is interesting, I don't necessarily think she's involved in the OCG plot, but she's sucking Steve into something in order to have dirt on him.

I love how all the previous players are suddenly making an appearance, the warden at the prison breaking the cops wrist.

Evidently Ryan must have something on Kelly McDonald's character and she'll be concealing who got him onto the force and the specific department. 

All brewing up very nicely - loved seeing the golf club being waved around by Buckles.