Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, BIG D said:

Who did you want H to be though? Who would have satisfied?

 

That's not the point, really.

 

Making the search for 'H' into the main focus of the show, both in-story and in the marketing, for three seasons, until the second half of the last episode, when it suddenly was never important at all, is what is deeply unsatisfying.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BIG D said:

What I’m trying to ask is what conclusion would have sufficed?

 

 

I think if Kate would have walked out of the cottage instead of that red head that would have been drama enough for me

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, owlinexile said:

 

That's not the point, really.

 

Making the search for 'H' into the main focus of the show, both in-story and in the marketing, for three seasons, until the second half of the last episode, when it suddenly was never important at all, is what is deeply unsatisfying.

 This.

 

Not to mention the glaringly bad writing in that last episode. It was cringey at times. And the awful lingering shots for eg the 3 of them descending the lift, or the slow reveal of buckles being shuffled in. It was awful and jarred so badly with the rest of it.

 

We've been told in this thread that mercurio is wasted on us, well as someone (of many) that loved The Wire, and The Sopranos, with entirely ambiguously endings, that's pretty wide of the mark. Its night and day.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who wants to know how to do a multi-series police show should watch Spiral. While each series has an independent story, the characters carry over and develop through each series. IMO it's streets ahead of LoD. LoD's last 3 series have been duds really. Opportunity missed.

 

There's nothing to gain by doing a S7.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Anyone who wants to know how to do a multi-series police show should watch Spiral. While each series has an independent story, the characters carry over and develop through each series. IMO it's streets ahead of LoD. LoD's last 3 series have been duds really. Opportunity missed.

 

There's nothing to gain by doing a S7.

Had a look at Spiral looks interesting but not a fan of subtitles. Means you have to keep watching.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darra said:

Had a look at Spiral looks interesting but not a fan of subtitles. Means you have to keep watching.

 

Is there a "French In A Day Course" available anywhere?

 

lol

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

 

Is there a "French In A Day Course" available anywhere?

 

lol

 

Mate, I got 8‰ in my mock French exam at school. Probably for putting my name at the top of the exam paper 😆 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The point is the hunt for H is a huge thing and it is absolutely crucial and AC-12 have been absolutely shafted here, and the way it's written we feel the exact same pain and anger as AC-12, and that is brilliant television.

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/05/2021 at 09:57, owlinexile said:

 

 until the second half of the last episode, when it suddenly was never important at all

 

You've missed the whole point there I feel. The hunt for H was never more important, that's why AC-12 has now been utterly castrated and they and us feel angry and disappointed, it's brilliant writing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

 

You've missed the whole point there I feel. The hunt for H was never more important, that's why AC-12 has now been utterly castrated and they and us feel angry and disappointed, it's brilliant writing.

 

Buckells was 'H'.

 

Or at least as much of an 'H' as there ever was.

 

He was just another random 'caddy'.  Just happened to be the last one standing of the ones that Dot knew about.  He was not even particularly good at it, but all the more competent ones were already gone.  But the OCGs (of which there are several) will still just keep putting more in, like Ryan Pilkington, and there will still be cops on the take like Buckells, and prone to blackmail like Jo, because the force is institutionally corrupt.

 

Motherhood woman and Owen Teale are just careerists and politicians.  They don't want AC-12 to find evidence of institutional corruption because it would reflect badly on them.  They want to hang a few bad apples out to dry and call it a day, which they have now done.  They absolutely don't want the matter probed into any further.

 

People who don't like the ending understand the ending.  It is just that that ending doesn't 'go' with what has been presented to the audience for at least the last three seasons.  This is not The Wire.  It is a show that has been asking (begging!) us to care about solving the mystery of who is the driving force behind all the separate storylines that have been in each season.  'There wasn't one, it was just some guy in over his head reactively covering his own arse' is LAME.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

 

Buckells was 'H'.

 

 

I don't believe he was H,  he was the patsy. He was clearly way too dumb to be any kind of boss.

 

Why was he warned not to rat when the lawyer was murdered in front of him if he was the big boss?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

 

I don't believe he was H,  he was the patsy. He was clearly way too dumb to be any kind of boss.

 

Why was he warned not to rat when the lawyer was murdered in front of him if he was the big boss?

 

He's not the boss.

 

There is no 'boss'. Thats the point. Tommy Hunter was the boss, and now his organisation has split into a whole bunch of different OCGs.  Buckells was just another caddy, passing on orders to bent/blackmailed coppers and reactively ordering hits on people like Jo Davidson to cover his own backside.

 

Ted desperately wanted it to be about a few bad apples he could catch, but it turned out it never was.   Its a whole barrel full of bad apples with just a few GOOD apples. His superiors are quite happy to pretend that it WAS just a few bad apples that have now been caught for the sake of their own careers, and are therefore castrating AC12 to prevent them from digging into the institutional corruption any further.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, owlinexile said:

 

He's not the boss.

 

There is no 'boss'. Thats the point. Tommy Hunter was the boss, and now his organisation has split into a whole bunch of different OCGs.  Buckells was just another caddy, passing on orders to bent/blackmailed coppers and reactively ordering hits on people like Jo Davidson to cover his own backside.

 

Ted desperately wanted it to be about a few bad apples he could catch, but it turned out it never was.   Its a whole barrel full of bad apples with just a few GOOD apples. His superiors are quite happy to pretend that it WAS just a few bad apples that have now been caught for the sake of their own careers, and are therefore castrating AC12 to prevent them from digging into the institutional corruption any further.

 

Again, this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/05/2021 at 20:04, Essix Blue said:

Well Ted will have retired for a start.....

 

He could keep popping in and hanging around, like David Brent. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2021 at 13:10, edmontonowl said:

 

Is there a "French In A Day Course" available anywhere?

 

lol

 


I speak French as Mrs H is French.

 

Cant follow a word of Spiral. Too much Parisian slang spoken far too quickly.

 

Mrs H is probably doing this because I made her watch Brookside when her English was weak.

Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the third season at the moment. I know its only a small part of the series but at least put the actors through some part of weapons training, ive never seen someone so un natural/uncomfortable with a weapon as Kate is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched all 6 seasons in the last month.

 

Can't believe anybody is moaning about the last episode. Thought it was brilliant

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...