4 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Didn’t Ryan get interviewed in S1? Surely they’d have a record of his name somewhere relating to that case?

This is where it falls down a bit. No way would he be a copper with his past. 

1 minute ago, danblakemore said:

Maybe another bent copper swung it to get him in?

13 minutes ago, danblakemore said:

Kate has clocked him, maybe Steve will also

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Kate has clocked him, maybe Steve will also

Yeah she did 

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

Yeah she did 

and I think it’s Buckells that’s arranged for him to be in the MiT 

Anyone clock the golf clubs and pictures in Buckells’ office too? I feel like it’s too much of an obvious red herring but he’s been dodgy for a while now. He seemed pretty useless in previous series but now he’s been promoted, hmmm

7 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Just seen this on Twitter, it’s all gonna start kicking off soon

Amazing work 

You know it's a good day when Ted utters his line.

Buckles seems too obvious, he interviewed him in series one.  If he came to work in his team her have a full background done. Wouldn't surprise me if he's bent but not H. More likely taken advantage because he seems clueless.

Kate clocked Ryan and the great spot on her looking him up, He derangement want Arnott recognising him!

Still want to go for the theory of Kate been deep undercover, not even Steve knowing. Leaking info to Davidson would gain her trust!

Back on form.

10 hours ago, danblakemore said:

Not sure, he didn't get a record (from stuff in series one) and the end of the last series when we saw him in his passing out parade - was something around him saying a local copper inspired him, how he came from a poor background, got in with the wrong sort and from a broken home.   With a few insiders backing him -easy to go with the narrative that he turned his life around.

Oh and other Twitter rumours:

Jo Davidson is the estranged daughter of OCG overlord Hunter (h?) - hence her anger at parents... smashing glass at pic of mother, ep. 1. She's being forced to do things she doesn't want to. 

Or is 'h' actually a place not a person... as in the police station Hill?

Oh I do enjoy this...

10 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Just seen this on Twitter, it’s all gonna start kicking off soon

What did I miss?

Kate is defo undercover. I'm absolutely convinced about it. I'm not sure she's quite worked out who Ryan is yet but he hid his face when Steve walked in so he obviously doesn't want to get spotted.

Buckles feels like a red herring though. Golf clubs in his office, made the mistake that meant surveillance wasn't there when it should have been, interviewed Ryan in series one. It's too obvious. 

Also, they just casually dropped Jimmy Savile into that news report about paedos on the force and linked him into the earlier series arrests of high ranking officers. Wasn't expecting that from a BBC programme.

13 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Kate is defo undercover. I'm absolutely convinced about it.

Yeah, agree.

24 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Also, they just casually dropped Jimmy Savile into that news report about paedos on the force and linked him into the earlier series arrests of high ranking officers. Wasn't expecting that from a BBC programme.

I'm pretty sure they already did that in Season 3.

I'm with others on Kate going deep undercover. She's got a bit of form in that regard already, and some of her behaviour isn't consistent with what's already known about her. She certainly wasn't into other women for example, so I can only see that her fluttering her eyelashes at Davidson is an act.