Oh and the first 10 minutes they all chatting to each other in police code but you could barely hear what they said because of the suspenseful music in the background.

Why do TV productions always do this? You miss half the dialogue

• Like 1

One thing me and the Mrs commented on was when they we're interviewing Terry and he was getting distressed the responsible adult would have stepped in and stopped them and either stopped the interview or asked for them to stop and have a break.

1 hour ago, edmontonowl said:

The boss, Dunkell (?) was brought in during a previous series -  was it when the one-armed woman got sent down?

Twice mate. 

Season one and then season 4. 

1 hour ago, darra said:

One thing me and the Mrs commented on was when they we're interviewing Terry and he was getting distressed the responsible adult would have stepped in and stopped them and either stopped the interview or asked for them to stop and have a break.

We could do with a 'responsible adult' to step in and stop it when Chansiri is doing a forum.

Watched it last night.

Not as strong a beginning as some of the previous series and I thought the acting was not so good as usual. And as for Kelly Macdonald.....Christ she is dreadful. Almost fell asleep listening to her voice.

1 hour ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

Watched it last night.

Not as strong a beginning as some of the previous series and I thought the acting was not so good as usual. And as for Kelly Macdonald.....Christ she is dreadful. Almost fell asleep listening to her voice.

I had to rewind and put the subtitles on for the beginning

lol

• Like 1

After watching it last night, I think I could take or leave it now. 

Absolutely loved it in the past, but I think this may be a season too far. I can already see it's playing to it's audience, knowing phrases etc. 

There's also the stress of having to watch it  'live' to avoid spoilers online or with friends discussing it .

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Absolutely loved it in the past, but I think this may be a season too far. I can already see it's playing to it's audience, knowing phrases etc. 

I started thinking along the same lines when Steve's headlight signal started trending.

I still enjoy it, but it's started to become a bit of a parody of itself. 

• Like 2

i rewatched the last episode of Season 5 and date on my Plex said it was aired 5th May 2019.  Its not like they rushed it through and it just felt cheap.

I was expecting obvious limitations with social distancing but there really wasnt any it was just bad acting. 

Compared with some of the great acting theyve had in the past seasons.

Series 2 and 3, with the whole arc of The Caddy and DI Lindsay Denton, was absolutely fantastic compulsive viewing but they've perhaps not surprisingly struggled to have the same impact since.

They might have been better wrapping it up after Series 4 with a suitable ending to that series but I suppose you can't blame them for wanting to eke out a money spinner.

But when you compare Kelly Macdonald to some of the police baddies (assuming she is) they've had in the past; well, I'm sorry but she is not in the same street. Thus far!

18 minutes ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

Series 2 and 3, with the whole arc of The Caddy and DI Lindsay Denton, was absolutely fantastic compulsive viewing but they've perhaps not surprisingly struggled to have the same impact since.

They might have been better wrapping it up after Series 4 with a suitable ending to that series but I suppose you can't blame them for wanting to eke out a money spinner.

But when you compare Kelly Macdonald to some of the police baddies (assuming she is) they've had in the past; well, I'm sorry but she is not in the same street. Thus far!

Totally agree,

That was electric edge of your seat stuff..the interviews..waiting for something to happen, the building dread of it all .  Don't think the last series could live with that, although the introduction of Anna Maxwell Martin worked. 

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Totally agree,

That was electric edge of your seat stuff..the interviews..waiting for something to happen, the building dread of it all .  Don't think the last series could live with that, although the introduction of Anna Maxwell Martin worked. 

I thought the last series was really good and enjoyed watching it again over the last couple of weeks. Stephen Graham was fantastic as always. I was disappointed with the very end though and the whole Dot Cotton finger tapping thing