1 hour ago, malek said:

Hastings spelled it like that when communicating with OCG pretending to be H in season 5.

When Carmichael questioned him about it, he said that he noticed how H tends to misspell word "definitely".

Doesn't sound very convincing, does it...

That’s a seriously impressive memory you’ve got there. You’ve not been taking notes all this time have you?

2 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

That’s a seriously impressive memory you’ve got there. You’ve not been taking notes all this time have you?

Nope, but I rewatched season 5 before I started curent season 😅

21 minutes ago, whatevertrevor said:

Standard procedure in a drama with who shoots who, a or b, is that C shoots someone. Which is a bit cheap imo but its going that way. 

Woah hang on - where’s A B and C come from? We’re only bothered about H FFS

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
32 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Latest season is the weakest so far IMO. 

We rewatched from season one before diving into season six. Good job we did with all the callbacks. 

Like everything popular it becomes self referential. Did Ted used to say so many 'tedisms'? 

14 hours ago, whatevertrevor said:

Like everything popular it becomes self referential. Did Ted used to say so many 'tedisms'? 

Happens to most shows.  Might need a little reset after this season if it's going to continue.  Also feels like they are trying too hard to fit as many past characters in as possible.

20 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Happens to most shows.  Might need a little reset after this season if it's going to continue.  Also feels like they are trying too hard to fit as many past characters in as possible.

Agree with the latter point.

Constant callbacks lose their impact after a while.

Reminds me of 24.

23 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Also feels like they are trying too hard to fit as many past characters in as possible.

That might make sense if S6 is the concluding season and they want to tie everything together.

My worry, much as I'm enjoying the current season, is that the BBC will want to flog LoD to death. The longer it goes on with no clear destination, the more it's going to lose it's way.

It needs to end this season

a. to make up for the disappointment of S5 when we were all led to believe that would reveal H, and it didn't

b. it's becoming a charicature of itself with all the catch-phrases and so on.

c. it becomes a soap opera if it does go on

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

It needs to end this season

a. to make up for the disappointment of S5 when we were all led to believe that would reveal H, and it didn't

b. it's becoming a charicature of itself with all the catch-phrases and so on.

c. it becomes a soap opera if it does go on

It loses its audience somewhat when it starts referring to past characters that haven’t been in it for 3 or 4 years. How are the audience supposed to remember what happened way back?

Still loving it - but agree this should be the last series. 

22 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don't know what anyone is moaning about, it's the most exciting hour of a a normal (none super league) week 

This is also true. 

4 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Apparently over half of this Sunday’s episode will be one long interview/interrogation scene… the longest single scene in the history of the show.

Lovely, cannot wait

10 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Apparently over half of this Sunday’s episode will be one long interview/interrogation scene… the longest single scene in the history of the show.

I think if one single thing can be regarded as a USP of LOD* it's the interview room scenes. The way something so supposedly mundane becomes incredibly tense, with the antagonists playing cat and mouse with eachother and the advantage can switch from one side to the other in a heartbeat.

* Apart from the serial use of acronyms.........

11 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Ryan or Jo I wonder......

My guess is Ryan