Van Aken leaving

I doubt we ever paid 4m euros for him. He hasn’t done well enough to trigger any of the add ons a “deal worth 4m” would include.

The reason we signed him was that we couldn’t afford anyone decent in this league. Still, whoever said he was the next best thing...

As with a lot of players who are average at best ... put them in a decent team( which we were at the time) and they won’t look half as bad as they are? But put them in a poor side and you see exactly how good they are! Remember when Carlos said we had looked at 200 cb and we’d signed him? We all could have picked at least 3/4 players for the money we paid .. like someone posted up there with abdi £7/8m between them jeez 🙄 

If anyone is still here at the club that had any input into his transfer (whether that's scouting or management) then they also need to follow him out of the door. Don't think you can blame DC fully for this one as he would have been inclined to follow the instruction of Carvalhal and the scouting network on this one. Think of the money we'd have saved if we had just got Iorfa at the time instead.

4 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Out of a 1000 defenders he was the best. 

Out of a thousand defenders which were scouted, 300 were from the Meadowhall league and 699 from Power league, so he was legit the best, apart from Tez, Wez & Dez. They kill the power league Div D on a Tuesday.

5 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I would put him as our second worst Chansiri era signing just behind Abdi. Abdi was clearly a good player but his large fee, large wages and complete vanishing act still makes me grind my teeth. 
Van Aken’s main problem is his lack of ability as a defender. Can’t believe we paid a large fee for him, never mind the years of wasted wages followed by a long term injury just as we started playing him. Complete garbage.

Abdi & Urby have to be the 2 worst signings surely?

• Like 2