EFL Football on Quest

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He's fine.

Never thought they've really nailed an EFL highlights show. Suppose the sheer volume of matches makes it difficult.

The efforts on Channel 5 and now Quest are much better than the rubbish served up by the BBC and ITV.

None of them have cracked it, could get a set of media students to do a better job of it.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samowl said:

He's a Liverpool fan. I seem to remember he left Talksport on a point of principle. Something to do with Sky linking up with The Sun newspaper 

That's right it was when Murdoch took over the station 

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Comes in to his own presenting Countdown should be given the gig full time.

Unfortunately that gig has gone to Anne Robinson! 

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

None of them have cracked it, could get a set of media students to do a better job of it.   

I didn't mind Manish's late night show after MoTD and I had a soft spot for Late Night Kick-off or whatever the midweek regional BBC show about Yorkshire and Lincolnshire sides was . That ITV (?) highlights show with a live audience in a basement lockup was dreadful,  though.

I quite like Col - Fighting Talk was rubbish with other presenters and I'm old enough to remember him as a young Radio 1 evening DJ...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dooogs said:

I didn't mind Manish's late night show after MoTD and I had a soft spot for Late Night Kick-off or whatever the midweek regional BBC show about Yorkshire and Lincolnshire sides was . That ITV (?) highlights show with a live audience in a basement lockup was dreadful,  though.

I quite like Col - Fighting Talk was rubbish with other presenters and I'm old enough to remember him as a young Radio 1 evening DJ...

You just get the feeling that the budget is bugger all and everyone just wants to get the shows over and get home.

2 hours ago, samowl said:

He's a Liverpool fan. I seem to remember he left Talksport on a point of principle. Something to do with Sky linking up with The Sun newspaper 

Sky and the scum were always linked I believe Murdoch had to sell off the Sky bit when the press hit it's lowest, if that is at all possible, over the Millie Dowling scandal.

Just now, Daniele Giovanni said:

I started this with Colin Murray efl quest, now its come to this, get back on track

Which EFL sidekick looks haunted? My money's on Adam Virgo.

7 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Colin Murray is for me the best presenter on TV, his knowledge of the game is second to none, but I only watch the show when Wednesday win, so it's been a while, so last night I watched it for the first time in weeks, and they are very Wednesday friendly as always,hope to watch the next 9 shows

Yep I avoid all news when owls lose as don’t like to see it again but when we get a decent result then I make sure I watch Quest as Murray is always nice about us. 
Feel he understands we ARE a big club with great supporters.  Something that has been lost amongst some other n**head reporters 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

I started this with Colin Murray efl quest, now its come to this, get back on track

Sorry boss!

Think your topic has run its course, some agree Murray is a great presenter, others don't can't see it turning into a huge debate.

When on TalkSport Murray and Holloway were the only ones backing Wednesday to make the Play - Offs in 2016 when everyone else was suckling at the Teats of Fulham ( the form team in the division even though our form was better ) 

Holloway used to be on Murrays show quite often around that time 

He went to a few games at Hillsborough when the Ice Hockey was on and Belfast ( i think ) were in town . He always raved about Beres pulled Pork BBQ sarnie and usually referred to Wednesday as a proper club 

I've always liked him as a presenter and miss the run-down of the weekends games that he Perry Groves and Bob Mills used to do on Fridays 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

When on TalkSport Murray and Holloway were the only ones backing Wednesday to make the Play - Offs in 2016 when everyone else was suckling at the Teats of Fulham ( the form team in the division even though our form was better ) 

Holloway used to be on Murrays show quite often around that time 

He went to a few games at Hillsborough when the Ice Hockey was on and Belfast ( i think ) were in town . He always raved about Beres pulled Pork BBQ sarnie and usually referred to Wednesday as a proper club 

I've always liked him as a presenter and miss the run-down of the weekends games that he Perry Groves and Bob Mills used to do on Fridays 

I don't like Lineker much, a bit too smug and set in his way