Players that increased in value

19 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

This century I can only think Brunt, Joao and Madjid Bougherra we have brought, played well and sold on at a profit.

Maybe Glen Whelan aswell.

Possibly Jack Hunt. But not entirely sure how much we paid and we did not make the (if any) profit we should have. 

We have always been poor at this. Think partly as we have always been chasing a dream of being in the top league or being ahead of the blades. As a fanbase we always wanted more, which I get, as we were once a big club,  this is like a noose and makes us impatient. If a manager / owner says, we need  consolidation for 3 seasons and cheap youth players which we can possibly build on and sell. Would we accept this?

On 22/03/2021 at 12:55, Harrysgame said:

We have always been poor at this. Think partly as we have always been chasing a dream of being in the top league or being ahead of the blades. As a fanbase we always wanted more, which I get, as we were once a big club,  this is like a noose and makes us impatient. If a manager / owner says, we need  consolidation for 3 seasons and cheap youth players which we can possibly build on and sell. Would we accept this?

yes 100%, in fact Id welcome it

On 21/03/2021 at 08:44, heppers said:

We rarely improve players. Almost never.

We also seem to be dreadful at negotiating fees and tying in young talent.

Most sold players are at a loss.

I agree, but there are a few exceptions of players that have improved under us (not many though)

Keiran Lee

Morgan Fox

Urghoide

Yeah I’m struggling though.

14 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Joao - excellent business at the time

Yes, and we should have brought in more like him. He was young, and had the raw materials to succeed Signing Fletcher, and playing him ahead of Joao, inhibited his development, and sent our football in a direction which made my eyes bleed

On 21/03/2021 at 11:02, Rogers said:

Sterland (trainee) Warhurst (Oldham) Bart-Williams (Leyton Orient), Palmer (West Brom); trying to think of other players we took from lower league teams or trainees, improve them, and sold for more money than we bought them for. 

Other trainees and cheap  youngsters we sold for good money,mark smith ,shirtliff,Morris,simmons,turner,boulder,cox,Bradshaw, shutt....bert McGee knew how to run a football club and turn a profit while moving in a upward direction .