Darren Moore's gives his view on our victory at Oakwell

In the interview I heard he came across as thoughtful and intelligent without being patronising as some Managers tend to be at times.If he can instill some togetherness in this squad during the International break there is every chance we can make a credible attempt at survival. Optimistic maybe but it's the only hope we have of remaining in the Championship and those that are leaving at the end of the season have the opportunity to put themselves in the window for other clubs whilst preserving our status.

• Like 4

I'm not going to lie, i'm still not decided on this man.

However, you have to give the man a chance.

He doesn't talk eloquently - but is that what you want from a  manager?   No, I want performance on the pitch.

Let us see what happens in the next few months.

Good win today, long may it continue.

He comes across as a really sound bloke to be honest. I’d imagine players and staff would like to play for him and get on with him. 

too early to judge him tactically on the pitch but there’s been small glimpses of progress, in a really really terrible situation we find ourselves in. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ironman said:

He comes across as a really sound bloke to be honest. I’d imagine players and staff would like to play for him and get on with him. 

too early to judge him tactically on the pitch but there’s been small glimpses of progress, in a really really terrible situation we find ourselves in. 

He is definitely no Monk     Monk had his soundbites that sounded like what everyone wanted to hear.

Moore is honest.   I'll give him that.   He's not someone who is suited to speaking in public though.

• Haha 1

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

He is definitely no Monk     Monk had his soundbites that sounded like what everyone wanted to hear.

Moore is honest.   I'll give him that.   He's not someone who is suited to speaking in public though.

What do you mean by this and he doesn’t speak eloquently? What’s wrong with how he talks?

Actually i'll go further.

Right now, some are kicking off that black people aren't getting a fare crack.     Sol Cambell for instance. 

I think Moore will put some of those suggestions in the next few years with us to bed.

I don't think he's much of a person who is good with the media, but I do think he is good with the squad. 

Edited by Salmonbones

Guest T Hardy
1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

He's hard to listen to when interviewed.

Fair enough if you think so, not something that’s crossed my mind though

Just now, T Hardy said:

Fair enough if you think so, not something that’s crossed my mind though

Maybe I am being harsh.    I just found he was a bit awkward a few times with the media.      I also think he probably is the polar opposite when talking with his players - although that is an absolute guess.

18 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Maybe I am being harsh.    I just found he was a bit awkward a few times with the media.      I also think he probably is the polar opposite when talking with his players - although that is an absolute guess.

I think he speaks pretty well with the media. But we’ve all got our own opinions I guess. I certainly prefer him to Monk, Pulis, Jos etc

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Hopefully he sticks with the two upfront and doesn't go back to the boring 1 upfront, defend at all costs rubbish 

Hopefully, he won't because we have to go all out for the win from now on.

54 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Just had a listen and he sounded alright to me. Media and press is a contractual obligation for a manager/ head coach of a football team. It’s widely reported to be something most of them hate. He’s probably had some media training in order to give the type of pretty bland answers you get from coaches so as not to get themselves in trouble. I understood all of his words and what he was trying to say. I’d be a bit surprised if a central defender turned coach turned manager was super slick with the press and cameras.

I think I’d get on pretty well with down the pub, which is also irrelevant. I just want him to win football, games. 

2 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Nah, I don’t think you are being harsh. I find him difficult to listen to. Like you, I expect he is clear when talking with the players, otherwise it would be a bit of a worry. Maybe he’s just not great in front of the press.