People will laugh but I think he will end up a better player than Iorfa.

I really like Urgohide, in a season where some of the players have gone through the motions and left a really sour taste, this lad restores your faith.

Really hope we give him the improved deal he warrants and sign him up.

Great prospect and plays the game like a fan.

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Last summer? I'd have offered it to him the week after he got injured.

I know it's all supposition, but I find it hard to believe a teenager on a high after a round of first-team appearances, followed by the crippling low of learning you've got months and months on the sideline awaiting you, would be nowt but incredibly grateful that his club would offer him another year to prove himself. IMO, he'd only had to think about it for about a minute before signing.

If you have an agent whispering in your ear

He’s definitely done enough to get offers from Championship clubs but the big decision apart from cash money is will he get a game. For us he’s getting game time and that’s what ultimately gets you more money in the longer term. Agents always want he most they can get in fees straight away and will advise him accordingly but if he was playing the long game he could stay and increase his value further. 
I suspect he’ll be off to pastures new but at least we’ve had a few games out of him I suppose. 

8 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We took a gamble on him,  (Was it Wimbledon?) who had let him go.  If we had given him a long term contract at that stage then serious questions would be asked on here. 

Hopefully we had some sort of clause to say that we have first refusal on him.

He also might be more inclined to sign for us as we have picked up his career by showing faith in him.

But for the fact he already showed promise following that initial gamble of him being a total unknown... just another masterclass at handling player contracts. There's no other way to dress it, mate, it's criminal.

I think some are underestimating the influence of Darren Moore. I genuinely think Moore is a manager players are going to want to play for particularly younger ones. Moore is here in January and Shaw doesn’t sign for Celtic and commits to staying here IMO.

16 minutes ago, bobness said:

But for the fact he already showed promise following that initial gamble of him being a total unknown... just another masterclass at handling player contracts. There's no other way to dress it, mate, it's criminal.

Think you are under estimating agents tactics when they know they are in the driving seat.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Think you are under estimating agents tactics when they know they are in the driving seat.

Of course there's a game to be played, but funnily enough we keep losing... 

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yeah, on the way down you will, on the way up you won't.  Just got to figure out how to do the up bit. 

Shouldn't have gone into a season with a promising young (cheap) player with just 12 months on their contract... 

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Anyway go to sleep 🙂

OK, dad

Edited by bobness
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think some are underestimating the influence of Darren Moore. I genuinely think Moore is a manager players are going to want to play for particularly younger ones. Moore is here in January and Shaw doesn’t sign for Celtic and commits to staying here IMO.

Give him ten minutes with their agent in a locked room, sorted 

He’s been very impressive.  One of our best players.  Looks solid and composed for a youngster.  The type who ideally should be a part of the team for years to come.

Almost too good and no doubt attracting attention from other clubs.

Hope Moore can persuade him to stay and that him dropping down into League 1 will further his development as he will be playing every week.   Hard sell if a top Championship or Premier league club came sniffing.  We can’t keep losing our best young players though.