I agree, Ive seen this kid absolutely dominate his opponent a few times so far and although potentially a good footballer I can’t say I’ve seen the same from Shaw. Osaze is already first team level for me so pay him accordingly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NobbyStyle said:

The telling sign is people seem more worried about losing him than Shaw.

I think that's only because Shaw has already signed elsewhere. I think Shaw will turn into a beast of a player but then again so will Ozase providing he's playing at the right level.

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox

Be interesting to hear from Chansiri why he only gave Urhoghide one year after his breakthrough last season. May prove another costly mistake.

Offer him a decent League One wage and a three year contract 9am Monday morning. Structure it so if we get promoted he gets a wage rise, if he plays x games he gets a wage rise.

Tell him we're planning on rebuilding the squad and we want him to be a core part of that rebuild. If needs be, put in a release clause in his contract.

I know it sounds very "Football Manager" of me, but that's all we can do and it's exactly what we should do and would be fair. It's clear he will be a ruddy decent player in League One next season, and he's young enough to be a part of our squad for years to come. Tell him as such. Treat him as such. Pay him as such. Make him feel wanted and show him he is. 

Otherwise he'll be off, earning his fair market value and getting better month on month.

• Like 4

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Offer him a decent League One wage and a three year contract 9am Monday morning. Structure it so if we get promoted he gets a wage rise, if he plays x games he gets a wage rise.

Tell him we're planning on rebuilding the squad and we want him to be a core part of that rebuild. If needs be, put in a release clause in his contract.

I know it sounds very "Football Manager" of me, but that's all we can do and it's exactly what we should do and would be fair. It's clear he will be a ruddy decent player in League One next season, and he's young enough to be a part of our squad for years to come. Tell him as such. Treat him as such. Pay him as such. Make him feel wanted and show him he is. 

Otherwise he'll be off, earning his fair market value and getting better month on month.

Won't he be thinking along the lines of playing against better quality players will only improve him? Whereas playing in League 1 he may find it easier and not develop as much.

Westwood said in his interview that contracts aren't important at the moment and weren't being discussed. 

Seems a bit strange. Probably waiting until its certain which league we will be in next season. The terms will obviously dependant where we will be playing. 

If it was anybody other than Chansiri in charge then that might not be a problem. As it is DC then it's a worry. 

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Won't he be thinking along the lines of playing against better quality players will only improve him? Whereas playing in League 1 he may find it easier and not develop as much.

Worryingly, probably.

But we are where we are now, and we can only play with the cards we've been dealt.

Should have been given another year after he got injured... he'd shown more than enough in his few appearances to prove he wasn't destined for non-league and after a lost year of development/us assessing him, why the heck not offer another 12 months as a cheap punt? As it is, by the time we can start assessing him properly he has 6 months left on his contract and... well, no point retreading old ground.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

No guarantee that he'd have signed an extension last summer in fairness.

Last summer? I'd have offered it to him the week after he got injured.

I know it's all supposition, but I find it hard to believe a teenager on a high after a round of first-team appearances, followed by the crippling low of learning you've got months and months on the sideline awaiting you, would be nowt but incredibly grateful that his club would offer him another year to prove himself. IMO, he'd only had to think about it for about a minute before signing.

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

No guarantee that he'd have signed an extension last summer in fairness.

he did.

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Think we did after the Brighton and Leeds games?

And then gave him dogshyte after a couple of poor performances.

I can remember the post's saying he wasn't good enough and to get rid.

He can go and get lost in a Prem league reserves, or he can stay here for another 2 -3 seasons, getting regular 1st team football and moving on to 1st team football at a higher level.

The choice is his.

Guest LondonOwl313
7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Last summer? I'd have offered it to him the week after he got injured.

I know it's all supposition, but I find it hard to believe a teenager on a high after a round of first-team appearances, followed by the crippling low of learning you've got months and months on the sideline awaiting you, would be nowt but incredibly grateful that his club would offer him another year to prove himself. IMO, he'd only had to think about it for about a minute before signing.

He obviously would have signed one last summer as his stock was low at that point. He basically broke in the team, put in two good performances then two bad ones including the red card vs Blackburn(?). We wouldn’t have wanted to pay him as a first team player at that point.

Its a fine line because when their stock is low the club have all the bargaining power then now we’ve been unlucky that their stock is high just at the point at which their contracts expire. So there’s no guarantee they will make it, but it’s a shame we won’t get to see that here as they will move on