• Borner
    • Bannan
    • Pelupessy
    • Rhodes
    • Windass
    • Paterson
    • Green

5 minutes ago, Howards back said:

I haven’t seen it mentioned but what a terrible state the pitch was. It looked like a golf fairway where no one had replaced their divots and just filled them with sand. The ball was bobbing all the time no wonder Barnsley don’t play it on the floor. 
People have hammered the Wednesday pitch but from what I’ve seen there’s lots more worse. 

People including our own fans have hammered the pitch - it needs reseeding and stripping back every summer and there was no time to do so. Leeds pitch is woeful along with many others across the country. Ours is not the best but by no means the worst 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, frastheowl said:

I still maintain, had we persevered with a Windass/Rhodes partnership all season...we'd have scored enough goals to stay up comfortably. Let's hope Moore sticks with it, and isn't tempted to tinker needlessly.

x10

This will be the perfect epitaph for this season.

And the blueprint of Windass/Rhodes was all there in the very first game of the season away to Cardiff (but of course, Monk could barely wait to drop Rhodes).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Howards back said:

I haven’t seen it mentioned but what a terrible state the pitch was. It looked like a golf fairway where no one had replaced their divots and just filled them with sand. The ball was bobbing all the time no wonder Barnsley don’t play it on the floor. 
People have hammered the Wednesday pitch but from what I’ve seen there’s lots more worse. 

Either that or they'd been exercising horses on it.

2 hours ago, cowl said:

x10

This will be the perfect epitaph for this season.

And the blueprint of Windass/Rhodes was all there in the very first game of the season away to Cardiff (but of course, Monk could barely wait to drop Rhodes).

Just had a quick scan through our games, and from my reckoning, we've started with a Rhodes/Windass in a either a front two/three, on only five occasions.

Our results in those five games..

Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 1.

The game we lost, was against Norwich, Rhodes was taken off when we score's were level.

In those five games, Rhodes has got four goals, and one assist (for Windass), and Windass has two, and two assists (both for Rhodes).

Small sample size, but it's without doubt our most fruitful combination of strikers. And yet, we've seemed to go with every other combination bar that one, from GW 3 through to GW34. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Just had a quick scan through our games, and from my reckoning, we've started with a Rhodes/Windass in a either a front two/three, on only five occasions.

Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 1.

The game we lost, was against Norwich, Rhodes was taken off when we score's were level.

In those five games, Rhodes has got four goals, and one assist (for Windass), and Windass has two, and two assists (both for Rhodes).

Small sample size, but it's without doubt our most fruitful combination of strikers. And yet, we've seemed to go with every other combination bar that one, from GW 3 through to GW34. 

Simples......👍

9 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 1.

Happy to stick with that forward line up for the time being.

16 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 1.

Monk did exactly the same with Fletcher-Rhodes. Tried it, it worked, he dropped it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Monk did exactly the same with Fletcher-Rhodes. Tried it, it worked, he dropped it.

Yes annoying. And like you say start of the season 4 points from 2 tough games and then dropped straight after.

• Like 1

On 21/03/2021 at 10:04, frastheowl said:

it's without doubt our most fruitful combination of strikers. And yet, we've seemed to go with every other combination bar that one

Can playing a lone forward be considered a "combination"?

:duntmatter: