• Lees
    • Borner
    • Bannan
    • Pelupessy
    • Rhodes
    • Windass
    • Paterson
    • Green

Not many will agree but I voted Windass in spite of the Rhodes double. He’s got the pace to get in behind teams  that try to play a high defensive line like Barnsley and is well capable of a goal or two. He troubled Barnsley all game and unselfishly played Rhodes in for the second goal. 

Probably explodes the theory that Rhodes needs a big target man as his partner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Still not voted yet. 

I've had a think and narrowed it down to Rhodes, Windass and Urhoghide. 

I'll think more while I have quick walk to shake off the shock.

Don't worry you won't be in shock for long, although it is the international break. 

Good win that against the form team in the league. Moore got his tactics spot on today, I do wonder whether he read what I said on here before the match regarding tactics though, but I’ll give Moore the credit today. 

Thought the back 3 were very good, and although it was a lot of long balls we at least looked dangerous for 90 minutes today. Could have had a couple of more goals to ease the nerves. 

18 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Not many will agree but I voted Windass in spite of the Rhodes double. He’s got the pace to get in behind teams  that try to play a high defensive line like Barnsley and is well capable of a goal or two. He troubled Barnsley all game and unselfishly played Rhodes in for the second goal. 

Probably explodes the theory that Rhodes needs a big target man as his partner.

I voted him, surprised he didn’t get a higher proportion to be fair

I wasn't brave enough or had any inclination of watching us today even though I have a smart box with all the games on , so I was pleasantly surprised with the win had almost given up on us , still think we'll go down but the least we can expect is having a fighting chance .

The Rotherham result was a bad one for us today.

Edited by Watto

37 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Still not voted yet. 

I've had a think and narrowed it down to Rhodes, Windass and Urhoghide. 

I'll think more while I have quick walk to shake off the shock.

Yep, it's between those three.

Rhodes will win the popular vote, as you'd expect for the scorer of our two goals, but Windass' pace and energy was vital to that win, as was Urhoghide's solid defending.

• Like 1

I’m going to give credit to Moore and Windass, for Rhodes second. The situation was almost identical to the previous game, when Windass could have squared it to Joey. I suspect it was discussed, the lad has listened and bingo - we score a second and win the game.

Wildsmith    6 very, very shakey start.

Urhoghide    9 The stand out MOM again

Lees               7  much better

Borner            7

Palmer            7

Bannan            8

Pelupessy        8

Reach                7 much better

Windass            7 

Paterson            7

Rhodes               8

Dean Martin       9   Stand out made all the difference

Green                   7   little time what he did, he did well.

• Haha 1

Rhodes obviously. He’d have been a good shout without a goal. His all round game was the perfect lone-striker performance. 

Thought every player played really well. 

Wildsmith solid after a couple of early fumbles.

Palmer and Reach were excellent wing-backs. Their work-rate and energy was superb. 

The 3 CBs all played well against a strong attacking force. Urhoghide was excellent, though Lees and Borner were bricks too.

Bannan and Joey were terrific. They do work very well together. Bannan’s crosses were brilliant, and his defensive work outstanding. And that effort and desire!!!

Paterson was awesome. So little skill, so much heart. Competed for everything. Excellent game.

Windass was superb. Caused them no end of trouble and worked hard all game. If he can continue to be a team player rather than a greedy git he’s a fine player. I like him in that advanced right side role. He and Rhodes seemed a good duo early season. Monk might still have a job had he not binned it after winning and drawing our two tough season-openers.

Moore finally attacked. Playing Rhodes, Windass and Paterson in the side means we had a real goal-threat.  His substitutions were great, ie he kept Rhodes on! And Green was just the right shout at just the right time

• Like 2

I’m so glad we won. I’ve been saying for a while that if we are going to go down then at least let’s go out swinging and bloody a few noses on the way!

I enjoyed the performance quite a lot as well, mainly because we played in the right way to beat the opposition in front of us.

I voted for Rhodes because he played well along with the goals but Urhoghide was great too and Windass did plenty to answer the critics! He’s had pelters as being a greedy get, but squared to Rhodes when he could easily have made a case to short himself. 

I hope Rhodes stays but obviously his form puts him right in the shop window for another Championship club. 

was so good to see them abandon the playing out from the back and just" gerrit forrid "and get behind them .....MOTM  so many contenders the 3 centre backs, the front 2 , joey who just sat in there and broke up anything there much vaunted midfield had to offer ......ive gone for osaze , i think he's a special player 

• Like 4