• Borner
    • Bannan
    • Pelupessy
    • Rhodes
    • Windass
    • Paterson
    • Green

14 minutes ago, OwlerIT said:

RHODES MOM 9/10   - battled and ran his socks off constantly gets into scoring positions. - Give him a new contract now

Urgo, 8/10 - sign this lad up now

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well done Wednesday.

Well done Darren Moore.

UTO!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Can’t vote for mom in a game I haven’t seen but just enjoying the outstanding result. Wednesday responsible for a coupon buster. Well, I never. 🙂👍⚽🦉

I think the win is down to you and me, coz I didn’t watch it either. Maybe an omen for the rest of the season?

DM may have realised we have to pee with the ******** we have got.

Hopefully this isn’t another one of the “flash in the pan” games we’ve seen before.

MoM Rhodes. 

Is it too little too late?

The pain is too much..

3 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

All the team playing for each other. Really enjoyed it even though it was more a scrap than a football game.

Wildsmith 5 he’s sooo bad but the defence protected him well

Palmer 7 wasn’t great but an extra point for the interception for the second 

Urhoghide 7 stuck to his task. Some of his clearances could be better

Lees 8 brilliant defensively 

Borner 8 see above

Reach 7 had a decent game. Played simply

Bannan 7 solid

Pelupessy 8 that’s his game. A scrap with very little football going on

Paterson 7 had a good game in midfield 

Windass 8 was a real outlet with his pace. Lovely assist

Rhodes 9 outstanding performance. Should have had a hat trick

Green 6 not much time but lively 

Nine more games and we need that kind of battling performance. Let’s go down swinging!

It was one of the few games in the last 18 months I enjoyed, full blooded derby and we competed for the full 90, which has been rare.  I think you are pretty close with your marks there. I’d maybe say Paterson had a good 1st half but went missing in the 2nd, though he kept trying. The other thing is Reach did slightly better but was still frustrating, especially when I saw Palmer manage to get forward far more often than him, which should never be the case. However, he really shouldn’t have gone for the ball over his shoulder in the 2nd half when it was clear he wouldn’t get there and only Bannan  sprinting across saved us from a really dangerous situation

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

This is it. If we've got any chance at all of staying up need to keep this going.

Jammy win but we'll need luck to keep us up, Borner/Oszae/Lees all 7 & 8's, voted for Rhodes as MOTM, he plays we score, simples!

Bl...y Nora what was Jammy about that. We’ve been craving for a battling and committed  performance like today and when we get one it’s “Jammy”

UTO

• Like 3

Surprised how poor Barnsley were today.

But we had a game plan and it worked.

They press from the front so hit it long and try and turn the defence.

Wasn't pretty but effective.

Difficult games to come and too little to late perhaps, but at least we beat the dingles!

• Like 1

Shout out to Borner too, who made 20 clearances today. That is loads - don't have all the stats for this season, but only once in the entire previous two seasons, has one of our players made more than 12 clearances. (Lees, vs Birmingham away, last season)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, prowl said:

Striker misses sitter. That's not even news, they all do it all the time even the really good ones. Provided they score enough everyone loves them.

I'll take a striker who misses 10 in a game if he scores 1 every match.

Absolutely, trouble with us is that we don't tend to create that many chances so misses are often more costly. We created enough today and he won us the points. 

Completely unexpected and a brilliant win against the in form team of the league. 

Is it too late? Will this start the fight for the great escape? Who knows, but what I do know is, it feels bloody brilliant to experience a WIN again! 

A much better performance we looked more balanced with that setup.

We didn't play everything through Barry Bannan and guess what he had his best game in months, I thought we had Archie Gemmil out there.

Wildsmith.       6.      Very shaky at first but grew in confidence. Not easy to come into the game at the last minute.

Palmer.            6.       Better than of late and got forward a bit more which you need with 3 central defenders

Urgohide.         9.      MoM. Superb performance by the 20 year old, very strong and solid.

Lees.                6.      Thought he was all over the plac for the first 30 minutes but was strong after that dodgy start.

Borner.             7.      Good performance.

Reach.             7.      A lot better than recently but still looking to avoid injury.

Pelupessy.      6       Dogged display

Bannan.          8.      His best display in months, left side of midfield is his best position great assist for the first goal

Patererson.    7.      Really helped the team having an aggressive attacking player in midfield.

Rhodes.          8.5.    Great first goal and was In the right position for the 2nd , worked hard.

Winnall.          8.       Didn't score but his pace caused them a lot of problems, good assist.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I think the win is down to you and me, coz I didn’t watch it either. Maybe an omen for the rest of the season?

Me too, didn’t watch and now I’m confused forgot what to do when we win, ffs Wednesday boooooo I’m not watching next one either because of you booooo nobs out!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

A much better performance we looked more balanced with that setup.

We didn't play everything through Barry Bannan and guess what he had his best game in months, I thought we had Archie Gemmil out there.

Wildsmith.       6.      Very shaky at first but grew in confidence. Not easy to come into the game at the last minute.

Palmer.            6.       Better than of late and got forward a bit more which you need with 3 central defenders

Urgohide.         9.      MoM. Superb performance by the 20 year old, very strong and solid.

Lees.                6.      Thought he was all over the plac for the first 30 minutes but was strong after that dodgy start.

Borner.             7.      Good performance.

Reach.             7.      A lot better than recently but still looking to avoid injury.

Pelupessy.      6       Dogged display

Bannan.          8.      His best display in months, left side of midfield is his best position great assist for the first goal

Patererson.    7.      Really helped the team having an aggressive attacking player in midfield.

Rhodes.          8.5.    Great first goal and was In the right position for the 2nd , worked hard.

Winnall.          8.       Didn't score but his pace caused them a lot of problems, good assist.

Winnall for me 

• Haha 5