Pelupessy

as per ....he didnt get forward much  , he created little ,i dont think he had a shot on goal....but  he was head and shoulders the most influential midfield player out there today ....there star man the only time you saw him was from dead balls and when that happens you know your defensive midfielder as had a good un  ....he played well today (as he usually does) 

• Like 4

On 19/03/2021 at 17:44, Sefton owl said:

Looks like another one that’s going to be off.

An absolutely terrible footballer, despite stringing together some recent good performances but been at the club for about 4 seasons and never been good enough. 

8A29AAE5-2FAF-42DE-B4DB-CFC6A475DE14.jpeg

Not a chance any club at this level would have him.

Ironically he probably has more chance of staying if we are in League 1.

Don't mind JP anymore, he does his best and always tries. Cannot fault him.

Just a very limited player. 

• Haha 1

if he does leave we'll do well to get someone for free who can spoil the opposites game like he does .....its crazy that fans want him gone , he's probably the  cheap end of the wage scale , he stays fit and as the stats say we do better when he starts than when he doesnt .......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Guest Therealrealist

If it wer like junior football he woulld get the dreaded trophy at the end of season ******** up...most improved player..basically means yer crap but your not as crap as you used to be garymegson..but in joeys case he wud be in my starting 11 every game...never injured an all👍

4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

If it wer like junior football he woulld get the dreaded trophy at the end of season ******** up...most improved player..basically means yer crap but your not as crap as you used to be garymegson..but in joeys case he wud be in my starting 11 every game...never injured an all👍

Well that just sums it all up. Basically if you aren’t injured then you’re guaranteed a shirt, regardless of how 5*** you are

2 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Well that just sums it all up. Basically if you aren’t injured then you’re guaranteed a shirt, regardless of how 5*** you are

Or...look at the points per game as opposed to Hutchinson...nofucking brainer for anyone other than an imbecile

Just now, 4evaowl said:

The lad always gives everything but is limited in his ability and not championship level standard in my view but bizarrely if we go down, and his wages aren’t too steep, it could be a case of better the devil you know.

if they said joey be a box to box player bang in 6 goals and 10 assists then you right on the money but they dont do they ......he's been a defensive championship midfielder for 4 seasons and every manager weve had as used in that role....... 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, torryowl said:

if they said joey be a box to box player bang in 6 goals and 10 assists then you right on the money but they dont do they ......he's been a defensive championship midfielder for 4 seasons and every manager weve had as used in that role....... 

And that's why we are where we are.

As and when we go down, if he gets offers from Championship teams this summer it will be ones which will likely finish in or around the relegation zone, he is not a Championship standard defensive midfielder. 

He has done better this season and currently deserves his place in the team but that's basically because the one better option we have in a similar role is never fit.  

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

And that's why we are where we are.

As and when we go down, if he gets offers from Championship teams this summer it will be ones which will likely finish in or around the relegation zone, he is not a Championship standard defensive midfielder. 

He has done better this season and currently deserves his place in the team but that's basically because the one better option we have in a similar role is never fit.  

And yet if you extrapolate his starts/points return ratio over the whole season we'd be mid table even with the points deduction.

7 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

And yet if you extrapolate his starts/points return ratio over the whole season we'd be mid table even with the points deduction.

Those stats aren't entirely reflective of the games though, you need to dig down into the detail of them a bit more to get a full picture. For example, yes we won at Bournemouth when he started the game but we actually won the game after he got subbed off. Yes we lost at Stoke and he didn't start the game, but we were drawing the game at the time he came on.

No doubt he deserves his place in the team at the moment and we have been better with him because we have nobody else who can or is prepared to play a holding midfield role but I doubt he will be inundated with offers from anyone team expected to finish higher than bottom 6 in this division. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Those stats aren't entirely reflective of the games though, you need to dig down into the detail of them a bit more to get a full picture. For example, yes we won at Bournemouth when he started the game but we actually won the game after he got subbed off. Yes we lost at Stoke and he didn't start the game, but we were drawing the game at the time he came on.

No doubt he deserves his place in the team at the moment and we have been better with him because we have nobody else who can or is prepared to play a holding midfield role but I doubt he will be inundated with offers from anyone team expected to finish higher than bottom 6 in this division. 

Agreed, stats. are always open to interpretation often based on negative or even positive prejudices.

I believe he's better than he's routinely credited for personally especially in terms of his conforming to the team shape and plan (though sometimes you do wonder what it is!). Important off the ball/positional contributions are routinely ovetlooked IMO.

Just my opinion , yours differs. At the moment I'm glad he's with us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Agreed, stats. are always open to interpretation often based on negative or even positive prejudices.

I believe he's better than he's routinely credited for personally especially in terms of his conforming to the team shape and plan (though sometimes you do wonder what it is!). Important off the ball/positional contributions are routinely ovetlooked IMO.

I am glad he is currently in the team, his performances merit it and the stats support it but I don't think he is a long-term positive for the team if we are going to improve. It would make more sense to offer him a new contract this summer than it did last summer, so we probably wont do! 

1 hour ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I agree. He's given a job to do and invariably does it. He'll never be a world beater but he's there to tackle, break it up, give it and make a general nuisance of himself. Which he generally does. He's has the odd mistake in him, but his energy and willingness to run compensates for that. Plus he's always available. I imagine he's a positive force in the dressing room as well.

He's borderline average in a very borderline average team. 

I'm not really sure what the harsh critics are expecting at the moment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

he is not a Championship standard defensive midfielder. 

yes he is .  ,.......you dont rate then fair enough but plenty of others do including the 5 managers and 2 caretakers who nearly always include in there squads , the fact that he's played a 100 games says  he's a championship player and i for one hope that he if we do go down then next season he's a league 1 player with us . 

• Like 2