Players

5 minutes ago, Barnwood62 said:

Do you think it’s time for us to bring in some of the U23s, the likes of Galvin, Brennan Hunt, it’s obvious that players in the 1st team can’t do it for us at least they would give more than these overpaid 1st teamers 

Why would that make it better?
The over 23's are clearing off as fast as the first team players

Owlstalk Shop

Maybe introduce 1 or 2 of the best youth team players into the first team ready for next season.

If we introduce too many and get hammered it doesnt look good and other clubs will be complaining about the integrity of the league.

Say we did it tomorrow and lost 6-0 to Barnsley the other clubs going for the play offs would moan about it.

• Like 1

Yes, those in contract (which I appreciate limits our options).

The 'experienced' players aren't bothered, some haven't been all season, therefore little to lose at this point as they aren't performing.

Some will say we can't play kids, but I'm sick of seeing other teams kids, most of whom I've never heard of, full of energy and running rings round our plodders like they weren't there. 

There is value seeing who can cut it ready for next season. Most of all I want to see players putting in effort for 90 minutes, looking like they give a poo about playing for the club. 

I say kids, but Hunt, Brennan, Galvin are all 20. They can't play youth football forever. Also they are used to playing together, along with Urogohide and Shaw and have some first team experience already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can’t see any way of avoiding relegation now so what’s to lose..

When you’ve only managed 1 point from 24 I can’t see that bringing in two or three youngsters would make it any worse.

Let’s see if they’re going to be good enough to hold their own in the harsh world of League 1