Conor Grant

12 minutes ago, markowl said:

Malek still mourns the day we released Rocky Lekaj, just for a bit of context.

Rocky Lekaj actually went on to have an half decent career in the Norwegian lower leagues. Scored a lot of goals. 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, malek said:

Played 9 games since joining Rochdale, relegating their best player Aaron Morley who started every game thus far this season to the bench.

Got his first call up to Republic of Ireland Under 21 squad as well.

Could prove as bigger loss than Liam Shaw.

Rochdale's record since Connor Grant got into the team:

Played 9

Won 1 (in which he was subbed off before they got the winning goal)

Lost 6

Drawn 2

Scored 3

failed to score in 7 of the 9 games.

Current league position: 23rd.

Which part of that suggests he is a big loss? 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Rochdale's record since Connor Grant got into the team:

Played 9

Won 1 (in which he was subbed off before they got the winning goal)

Lost 6

Drawn 2

Scored 3

failed to score in 7 of the 9 games.

Current league position: 23rd.

Which part of that suggests he is a big loss? 

It sugests that he is starting games for them and is doing well, that he is a big talent that got potential to go far in the game. 

If we sold them Bannan instead of Grant, they likely wouldn't be doing much better. 

No one stated that Grant would have saved us from relegation, but that he should have been one of those we should have looked to build around with next few seasons in mind. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, malek said:

It sugests that he is starting games for them and is doing well, that he is a big talent that got potential to go far in the game. 

If we sold them Bannan instead of Grant, they likely wouldn't be doing much better. 

No one stated that Grant would have saved us from relegation, but that he should have been one of those we should have looked to build around with next few seasons in mind. 

Because he has started a few games for a club now 2nd bottom of the 3rd division? 

I guess they signed him with the intention of playing him. I guess they didn't expect their results and performances to drop as significantly as they have done since he got into the side. It is looking highly likely he will be a 4th division player next season.

Huge loss. 

I initially thought the Grant move was a loan, which would make sense as I saw him as a better prospect than Shaw.

To let him leave permanently is madness.

Guarantee it will have been for a bag of nuts and no sell on fee

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Considering we'll be in the same league as them next year too.

I hate what this football club has become. Every single decision the club makes stinks. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Lets face it, 95% of all the other youngsters we’ve let go prior to this season haven’t gone on to better things. Jamie Vardy and Liam shaw the only 2 that spring to mind at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, LetsMoveOn said:

Rocky Lekaj actually went on to have an half decent career in the Norwegian lower leagues. Scored a lot of goals. 

If hardly call the norweigan lower leagues a half decent career :duntmatter:

1 minute ago, Sefton owl said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Lets face it, 95% of all the other youngsters we’ve let go prior to this season haven’t gone on to better things. Jamie Vardy and Liam shaw the only 2 that spring to mind at the moment. 

Not really hindsight. Considering we’re plummeting to League One I’m surprised we got rid of a promising young midfielder who could prove an asset for us next season. 

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Bit harsh to pin Rochdales terrible form on one player. 

I'm not pinning their form on him but this thread is supposedly about how well he is doing and what a big loss he could be to us. Before he broke into the side they were hardly pulling up any trees but were competitive and scoring goals. In the 9 games he has played they haven't scored in any of them and only won 1, winning the game after he was subbed off. 

I've nothing against the lad, good luck to him, but nothing suggests he is going to be a major loss to us as he struggles in a team 2nd from bottom of the 3rd division.  

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm not pinning their form on him but this thread is supposedly about how well he is doing and what a big loss he could be to us. Before he broke into the side they were hardly pulling up any trees but were competitive and scoring goals. In the 9 games he has played they haven't scored in any of them and only won 1, winning the game after he was subbed off. 

I've nothing against the lad, good luck to him, but nothing suggests he is going to be a major loss to us as he struggles in a team 2nd from bottom of the 3rd division.  

Difficult to say really isn't it. 

Wasn't much to show from Kieran Lee playing in the 3rd to suggest he'd be one of the most effective midfield players in the Championship. 

Look at Bannan. Terrific footballer. Currently looking overawed in a team that's lost 7 on the spin and never looked like winning. 

Be interesting to see how the lad progresses.

Might become a Sean Clare. 

Might become a Lee Sharpe.

Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Difficult to say really isn't it. 

Wasn't much to show from Kieran Lee playing in the 3rd to suggest he'd be one of the most effective midfield players in the Championship. 

Look at Bannan. Terrific footballer. Currently looking overawed in a team that's lost 7 on the spin and never looked like winning. 

Be interesting to see how the lad progresses.

Might become a Sean Clare. 

Might become a Lee Sharpe.

Time will tell.

So the thread started to state that he might be a bigger loss than Shaw having played 9 games in which they have slumped to second bottom of the 3rd division is a bit premature then?

Kieran Lee was Oldham's player of the season before he moved to us and was a class apart for them. 

Edited by hirstyboywonder
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

If hardly call the norweigan lower leagues a half decent career :duntmatter:

It’s still professional football, and getting paid. Easy to criticise players who play outside the top divisions. There’s some very good footballers in the lower leagues. There just isn’t room for them higher up.

49 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I initially thought the Grant move was a loan, which would make sense as I saw him as a better prospect than Shaw.

To let him leave permanently is madness.

Guarantee it will have been for a bag of nuts and no sell on fee

Thompson said something about covering the club if he does well.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Listen now, I watched Grant play for U-18's, U-23's and Rochdale, and I'm convinienced that we made mistake by letting top talent leave on cheap and to club that couldn't afford to pay decent fee. 

I might be wrong, but it is how I feel and I'm posting it on site where it should be perfectly fine to post it at. 

I'm talking about his potential and how quickly he proved he is good enough to start games at that level you retort that he is reason why they are not doing well... 

I'm not sure we are looking at situation from the same angle. 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Rochdale have won one of their last 9 games and have failed to score in 7 of them. Not sure about the positive impact he is having. 

FOUND THE DC APOLOGIST! GET HIM BOYS! 

lol

• Haha 1