What is it that is needed to be done, we have two choices IMHO ...

I feel like everything is academic, with so many out of contract we are treading water, until we ultimately drown......and I know we aren’t even planning for next season because we only wrote off the playoffs last night...... lol

24 minutes ago, since59owe said:

Choice one accept the fate we head for now, start to build a formation to attack teams with no fear of results or choice two keep trying for points to stay up ...

I think we need to play the way we will play next season now so Moore can see exactly what players we need to make it effective next season. 
Trouble is, I think that’s pretty much what he’s already doing (in the attacking half anyway). All it’s told me is that we need a lot of players. Which I think everyone knew anyway!

Given we are going down I actually think we should try to play for nil nil draws every game. We aren’t having any fun so why should anyone else! Flat back 9 with one holding midfielder from here on in!

• Like 1

We are down, limited options to prepare for next year as we don't have enough contracted players (for next season) to put a team out. 

I'd like to see Moore blood a few U23's which will help him with recruitment decisions in the summer. 

Problem with wanting to play the way Moore wants to play is that we just don’t have the players

Only Hutchinson in the defence is remotely comfortable with the ball at his feet, there is little mobility or athleticism in the midfield to play a quick pass and move game and we have little or zero creativity in the final third

As everyone knows the majority of the out of contract players won’t be staying and they have effectively given up

Ive said before we need to sort out contracts for the likes of Hunt, Brennan and Galvin. Once they have signed I’d be picking these players in front of the likes of Reach, Pelupessy, Penney etc

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

Problem with wanting to play the way Moore wants to play is that we just don’t have the players

Only Hutchinson in the defence is remotely comfortable with the ball at his feet, there is little mobility or athleticism in the midfield to play a quick pass and move game and we have little or zero creativity in the final third

As everyone knows the majority of the out of contract players won’t be staying and they have effectively given up

Ive said before we need to sort out contracts for the likes of Hunt, Brennan and Galvin. Once they have signed I’d be picking these players in front of the likes of Reach, Pelupessy, Penney etc

I think Hunt is technically gifted but plays the same role as Bannan, watching the reserves he appears to have a minder alongside him (Jack Lee most noticeable) and everyone gives him the ball to pass. The result I saw was that often we had one isolated striker and a back six meaning the opposition easily recovered the ball and got back into our half. I wondered if Thomson had been told to play that way to mirror the first team.

Would like to see more of Brennan and Galvin who have been reasonable, but players usually need a few first team games to become comfortable or in some cases to prove their initial performances were a flash in the pan.