Relegation is a positive

I don't understand this mentality of getting relegated "could be good for us" , "we can reset" . It's a complete backwards step. We will have to rebuild for league one survival, then improve to get out of the league (again), then once were back (if we manage it and don't drop again) we have to rebuild again for the champ. 

Can't believe weve become a Champ/league one yoyo club. Were basically and embarrassingly now on a par with Rotherham as a club. I thought we'd left this behind after MM and C taking over but now were staring at L1 again FFS. 

Were arguably in a worse position this time than we were when we last got relegated too. At least we owned the ground then. 

• Love 1

56 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Tv revenue is a red herring...very single penny of the extra 6 mill or wotever it is we would harvest would go straight into the players we would have to sign to compete in the championship...league one budget should be 6 mill less than the championship

Trouble is though ,Where would the extra money come from to fund any future signings given the Covid-19 situation where as things stand ,Grounds remained closed and there's no possible opportunity to generate any income from  Match day activities such as Ticket Sales, Catering, Merchandising. Corporate Hospitality etc. At the moment, TV Revenue is one source of income that's keeping some clubs going throughout the pandemic.TV Revenue is not Neccessary ' a red herring 'as you have mentioned, but there is some truth in what you have said. Overall, Football has become addicted to TV Revenue and the end result is of Players wages going through the roof.

It will be a long and rocky road back to the championship from here, absolutely nothing in the boardroom,no leadership,no plan no direction,two clowns pressing squirty flowers at each other.

You wont get another cent outa me Chansiri, Im done bud untill your names off every aspect at the club.

Worst SWFC chairman bar non,total LOSER

• Like 5

2 hours ago, S63 Owl said:

Agree that relegation may help with the clear out

Most of the squad's contracts are up anyway, so we don't need relegation to force it. 

If you believe it means we won't offer new contracts to players who shouldn't get them, consider how a poor transfer policy is a poor transfer policy, irrespective of division. 

Edited by bobness
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Disagree.

Relegation may give DC the reality check and harsh footballing lesson he needs to understand when owning a club. If he sells the club or not, you would at least think us going down would make him rethink and learn from all the mistakes he’s made so far? 
An owner who starts getting the big decisions right but most importantly stops getting them wrong is integral to any club that wants to progress in the football league. 

Also, I genuinely cannot remember the last time I watched us play and thought we were the better team. Unless we can play Wycombe at home every week we aren’t beating anyone. Desperately putting together a squad of unwanted free agents, declining players in their 30’s and overpaid anti footballers is not something good clubs do. 

What you’ve not considered is that it’s DC  we’re dealing with here. He might just keep on keeping on. 

Guest FoxOwl12
4 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

I think we’ve all accepted it now that we’re not staying up and our impending demotion into the 3rd tier of English football draws closer. 

Just ask yourself, even if we did somehow manage to stay up or if Pulis had worked his magic saved us...what next? Would we just be prolonging the inevitable?

The club has been on a steady downward spiral since 2017 and these last 20 months have been particularly dreadful. The Boxing Day stoppage time collapse at Stoke, the 5-0 home embarrassment vs Blackburn, transfer embargo (again), points deduction, record breaking goal droughts and losses at Home, awful dinosaur long ball football, 3-0 humiliation at Rotherham and our latest low the collapse at Luton after leading 2-0, which really was the nail in the coffin. 

It has been truly horrendous. But that can all change. Relegation gives us the opportunity to finally start getting the ‘big’ decisions right.

Whatever happens next has to be a complete rebuild of the culture, strategy and philosophy at the club. As keen as we all are to see what decisions Chansiri makes with his future, it’s ESSENTIAL that we start rebuilding the club in the right way. 

The clubs been in decline for 20 years mate. One look at the last 27 managers tells it all.

People gonna be hit with a harsh reality when we see that players would rather sign for Rochdale than us in league 1 

We will be signing journey men and crocks 

Pretty much what we have now but even worse 

Next season will be worse than this 

Edited by Sticky Micky
  • Haha 1

Guest Hornsby

No chance.

I ll be lumping on for a double down to Div 4.

We have already spent next seasons budget.

Chansiris dictatorship is a real disaster.

23 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

No chance.

I ll be lumping on for a double down to Div 4.

We have already spent next seasons budget.

Chansiris dictatorship is a real disaster.

When will people wake up and realise the serious consequences of relegation. 

Where will the income for next season to rebuild a competitive squad come from? 

1. DC himself,  think its safe to say this well is definitely running dry

2. Sponsorships, this mainly comes from DC, so see point one

3. TV money, this will be less than 2million for the upcoming season in league 1

4. Player sales, probably only bannan and iorfa who would command a decent fee. 

5. Supporters income, the majority of season tickets will have been sold over a year ago, assuming this income has been used to keep the club running this season, there will be little supporter income for next season. Any new income from season tickets and matchday tickets will probably be offset by the requests for refunds for this seasons tickets. 

The only positives from relegation could be DC finally packing in and the value of the business being lower, allowing someone else to take a gamble on us

• Like 2

I’ve seen us relegated several times; I’m struggling to remember any positives.

CC has had more than enough opportunities to learn lessons, but football is an industry he doesn’t understand.

We are being relegated with a poor squad who are used to losing and to fully refresh a squad will take several years.

For me, the aim of next season is to consolidate and ensure we don’t drop straight into L2.

Relegation is not a good thing, it’s a bloody disaster 

• Like 1

I think we’re all hoping relegation will be the catalyst for something, be it Chansiri having a eureka moment and changing his whole approach to running the club, or else deciding to sell it.

But equally Chansiri might shut down the club entirely in response to the inevitable torrent of abuse that’s heading his way. Or Perhaps the worst outcome of all is we continue as we are, slowly strangling the club through loss of revenue and bad decision making. 

As someone else said recently it feels like the club is walking a tightrope. 

• Like 1