What Is It with ifollow?

Time after time we miss the play when ifollow cameramen go to the manager’s or show the last incident when the game has resumed.
Why can’t they show it in a small box to either left or right corners of our screens.

I find it so frustrating, its just plainly  pathetic in this day and age of high tech.

We had men in the frigging moon 52 years ago surely they can do the basics on a TV screen.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, owlsruleok said:

Time after time we miss the play when ifollow cameramen go to the manager’s or show the last incident when the game has resumed.
Why can’t they show it in a small box to either left or right corners of our screens.

I find it so frustrating, its just plainly  pathetic in this day and age of high tech.

We had men in the frigging moon 52 years ago surely they can do the basics on a TV screen.

Give the director some slack. He’s probably suffering from eye bleeds and narcolepsy after watching that lot “play football”. 

• Haha 1

Think yourselves lucky. Sky red button has nothing. No replays. One camera. One commentator who doesn't know the players. 

If you blink and miss an incident then you've had it. Cannot pause, rewind. 

Sometimes it's a good thing. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, A47Owl said:

Think yourselves lucky. Sky red button has nothing. No replays. One camera. One commentator who doesn't know the players. 

If you blink and miss an incident then you've had it. Cannot pause, rewind. 

Sometimes it's a good thing. 

Record it, and then you can rewind (presuming of course, you wish to put yourself through the latest calamity for a second time!).

10 hours ago, PeakOwl said:

Record it, and then you can rewind (presuming of course, you wish to put yourself through the latest calamity for a second time!).

I don't think you can record it on sky q. I did try, not very hard, but I'm sure it doesn't work. 

22 hours ago, wilsontown said:

Indeed, why are we watching a replay while the commentators are getting outrageously excited about the action that we can't see? Far from the first time I've noticed it.

You are 100% right here....the editor is obsessed with replays and close ups of the managers

and to top it all the commentator is getting outrageously excited because we’ve crossed the half way line and they only have 9 players behind the ball

I follow is the EFL Feed camera 

Same for all clubs ....

The commentators don't even have a monitor at their disposal ..

Pearson has mentioned this many times .....

If they miss a moment in play they often rely on fans tweeting the replay for them at half time ...

I watched the Blackpool Fleetwood game Saturday and young Daniel  Batty cut one of Blackpool's lads in two ...

Commentators both missed it 🤣 spent 10 minutes after the tackle  begging someone to send the replay to them via tweet ....

I agree it's cheap n nasty in today's technology ..

But it's better than nowt .....

We could do with young Batty next season he's a nasty little bugger .....

• Like 2

On 17/03/2021 at 18:57, owlsruleok said:

I've deleted iFollow from my auto renew for next season. It has nothing to do with us being regulated to the 3rd division. I opted out some time ago. The only way for the clown known as Mr. Chansiri is to put our great club up for sale. There is no hope for us to be successful under this useless clown. In this climate, I worry that once regulated, we will not be attractive for a buyer to take us forward. We live in hope for the future. It's in our hands now to force hime out. Season tickets and merchandise is our only way. Sunderland, once a great club dropped 2 leagues and struggling to get back to the championship. That's a lesson we should learn.

The production is what it is. 

It's a fair few levels below says a Sky when it's a featured game, though if anyone has watched any of the red games on Sky it isn't far off that tbh. 

Major gripe for me is the commentary. 

Pearson cares and what not, but it really is like listening to a fan commentating from the North Stand. I get he's in-house and I'm not expecting Gary Neville levels of analysis, but we don't really get any real analysis. He shouts offside quite a bit and "get in" on the rare occasion we score. 

As for the other bloke...Jesus Christ. 

I've described him on a few occasion as sounding like a 15-year old trapped within a 40 year old man's body. 

Awful 

• Like 2

I emailed Ifollow about this months ago, they came back with a really basic replay that didn't even really acknowledge the incident. I noted a number of examples in different matches and they came back saying it was a one off. How thick can you get?

Worst one last night was they showed a replay of something and then when it should have cut back to the action, it's panned onto the f*cking Huddersfield manager. Ridiculous. 

Don't knock the commentators we have for our games ...

I know JP is through and through Wednesday (cut him in half etc etc)

But some of the other championship clubs coverage ....WTF:

I briefly looked at Birmingham's set up a few weeks ago and they had a bloke on who sounded like Tim Spalls "Barry" in Auf  Wiedersehen Pet and Jeff Kenna..

These two could  have sent a glass eye to sleep!!!

There was a moment 20 seconds in play where neither spoke .

I thought the TV was playing up and almost blew the speakers after turning the sound up!! ....

A lot of the camera work appears to be done by randoms who's last experience of camera work was with "Dad's Cine 8" (you'll do pal)

Our " resident cameraman" seems to have a likeness for Wheenies and Glyn's flags and also looking for structural cracks in the North and the crows nest when adjusting focus  .......

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

The production is what it is. 

It's a fair few levels below says a Sky when it's a featured game, though if anyone has watched any of the red games on Sky it isn't far off that tbh. 

Major gripe for me is the commentary. 

Pearson cares and what not, but it really is like listening to a fan commentating from the North Stand. I get he's in-house and I'm not expecting Gary Neville levels of analysis, but we don't really get any real analysis. He shouts offside quite a bit and "get in" on the rare occasion we score. 

As for the other bloke...Jesus Christ. 

I've described him on a few occasion as sounding like a 15-year old trapped within a 40 year old man's body. 

Awful 

I've actually deleted what I was going to say about the commentary team because it was probably kinda hurtful. Rest assured, I share these sentiments, they're bad.

As for iFollow production, I think whoever's in charge of that follows a script on how to "document" an incident. Wait for ball to go out of play, throw a couple of replays of the event in, then dwell on a slow-mo replay of one of the people involved's reaction, go back to live-feed. Problem is, they stick to it religiously. I reckon a team could score and they would still be showing the slow mo replay of Bannan pointing rather than end that prematurely and cut back to the live feed.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, A47Owl said:

I don't think you can record it on sky q. I did try, not very hard, but I'm sure it doesn't work. 

20 hours ago, Ian said:

It doesn’t, - you are recording the main match 

When you go to the main match and press record, you then get options to record the rest of the games that are on red button. I couldn’t watch the game live,