Barry (back pass) Bannan

33 minutes ago, Basement Jack said:

Don’t get me wrong Bannan has been a good free signing and he is far from our biggest problem 

However..... as technically gifted as he is on the periphery

I am still waiting for him to take a game by the scruff of the neck and impose his influence on it

Sadly he can’t do it

like I say he is a technically gifted player       but.... for those of a certain age ....he is no Gary Shelton who was of similar stature

What would we give for a Gary Shelton at the moment??

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He is surrounded by crap. 

This for me. 

A player like Bannan only shows his quality when he has players who make runs for him through the middle or down the wings. 

What we see is him playing it back way too much as there are no options moving forwards. 

Simply to see the best of Bannan we need quality around him - had he signed for Brentford when they came sniffing he’d be up there again in terms of being one of the best in the division as they have players who’d help him do what he does best

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've mentioned this before but why does Bannan stand 10 yards from the opposition corner taker, surely he would be better off standing on the halfway line at least giving the team an outlet and keeping 2 of their players back to Mark him, he does this every corner and free kick 

All of the Bannan defenders here seem adamant that Bannan can’t find a forward pass as he’s surrounded by rubbish, there’s no runs or forward movement, there are no options for him to pass to. So my question is, if he, our most gifted passer of a ball can’t find them - why does he think Tom Lees can? 

He’s abdicating responsibility time after time and letting lesser skilled players play the forward pass rather than he try to play it. His passing stats look wonderful but I’m guessing you take the passes to CB/GK out he’d look bog average.

He’s a shadow of his former self, I’m not sure if he’s physically drained as we let him see out almost every game despite having little to no impact in many of them, if he’s mentally drained or if he just doesn’t care seeing as he has a new 2 year lucrative deal that he’s been kind enough to sign. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Maybe if we had someone better in Bannans position "the crap" would perform better?

Or, if we didn’t pay captain combover his exorbitant salary we could afford a better supporting cast?? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

He'd look terrific in a good side.

He's a midget. 

A technically very good midget.

In a team that flows, moves the balls, where players exchanges passes and positions , he's one of the better "Footballers" in the division. 

We do none of those things.

And, with us, neither does he.

Honestly think his confidence has gone. 

You’re right Ronnie. Get rid of the best players first. I’m all for replacing any of this team if we can bring better in. I still

think we’re better off shipping out the likes of Pelupessy first but perhaps it’s just me.