Sacking Garry Monk cost us our Championship status

It certainly wouldn't have been any worse but the last minute goals started on his watch and the culture that is currently a virus amongst the players did too. He, pulis, Thompson, Moore - this squad was only going one way. 

Don't forget, we went 3rd after beating Bristol just before the stoke game

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

There I said it. And I was Monk’s biggest critic. 

I’m not saying we would be comfortable but we wouldn’t be this cut adrift I’m sure of it. We backed him in the summer with a number of signings and we let him bring in his own backroom staff. Then as soon as a few bad results happened - we hit the panic button and sacked him.

Reality is this squad is not very good. The chairman has put us in two situations during the past two transfer windows. An embargo which meant we were scrapping around for free transfers under Bruce. And a points deduction which means nobody of any quality wanted to join the inevitable slog for survival. The result? An absolute mess of a squad which is simply not up to it. 

Monk was probably our best chance of surviving it purely based on the fact we recruited for his formation and he had a whole pre season to work with the players. This season we needed stability. Instead we’ve had four different managers and the players look completely confused and bereft of any confidence at this stage.

The chairman has absolutely destroyed us this season with the points deduction, chopping and changing managers and not paying the players on time. A perfect storm for an absolute shambles of a season.

These two mupoets have cost us our championship status 

1487898902_ChannersandPaxo.png.a430b3099f8a8ddeb805220316a01658.png.39ec2f3d141720fb531b96f7d5a79b5c.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Appointing Monk cost us our Championship status. The squad he put together was ridiculously unbalanced.  

It was an impossible task. Monk was trying to recruit with a 12 point deduction, with no money and we desperately needed to get bodies in to be able to at least name a subs bench.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1