Callum Paterson - dropped from Scotland squad

22 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Be very surprised if Palmer and Paterson make the final squad unless they we stay up and they put some better performances in. 

And since when was Che Adams Scottish? 

Reality of modern day football and sport. Raheem Stirling isn’t English and half the England (and Wales) Cricket World Cup winning team weren’t English.

He has a Scottish grandparent so he is eligible and decided he wanted to play. I’m happy because up front is a weak area in the squad. If we could field a team of left backs and midfielders we’d be flying because that’s the really strong area we have.

12 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Reality of modern day football and sport. Raheem Stirling isn’t English and half the England (and Wales) Cricket World Cup winning team weren’t English.

He has a Scottish grandparent so he is eligible and decided he wanted to play. I’m happy because up front is a weak area in the squad. If we could field a team of left backs and midfielders we’d be flying because that’s the really strong area we have.

Our poaches are actually good though lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Our poaches are actually good though lol

Well it did win you a Cricket World Cup! Captained by an Irishman, coached by an Australian, batting opened by a South African, majority of yours runs scored by a New Zealander, and the final winning over bowled by a Barbadian lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Well it did win you a Cricket World Cup! Captained by an Irishman, coached by an Australian, batting opened by a South African, majority of yours runs scored by a New Zealander, and the final winning over bowled by a Barbadian lol

No Scots helping us out. Disgraceful!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

I'm more scratching my head at the apparent dire state of Scottish football when it comes to fullbacks, such that Liam Palmer makes the Scotland team 😶

We’ve got some good full backs but they’re left footed! Right back is a weak area but Palmer has done alright when called upon. Left backs we are very strong, we’ve got two that would walk into the England team IMO (Robertson and Tierney) and another really promising one Hickey at Bologna. 

• Like 2