Thoughts on yesterday

Evening all,

I've been writing up some of my thoughts on the Norwich game and thought I'd share the link in case anyone was interested (not another blogger I hear you groan). I've been doing this for a while without posting but felt inspired - if the players can have 4 shots in one half, anything is possible isn't it.

https://football-on-the-brain.com/2021/03/15/sheffield-wednesday-win-another-first-half-swfc-1-0-ncfc/

I'm hoping the notes of sarcasm don't make it too difficult reading!

Edited by J-owl

4 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Thought the first 45 mins was pretty good,But as soon as Norwich stepped up the pace in the second half,Everybody knew there was only one Winner and wasn't going to us.DM has got one helluva rebuilding job to do in the summer.

Yeah, I agree. Pukki and Cantwell were always going to get a decent chance across 90 minutes and both of them put them right in the corner. The way our players snatch at their chances show how few they've had over the season.

First half performance “seemed” good.  It is just an illusion though  because the opposition just have to move up into second gear to win.

We cannot raise our game.   We didn’t get hammered by Norwich but they did enough to win the game without really breaking sweat. Just like many teams we have played this season.

1 minute ago, J-owl said:

Yeah, I agree. Pukki and Cantwell were always going to get a decent chance across 90 minutes and both of them put them right in the corner. The way our players snatch at their chances show how few they've had over the season.

That's a fair assessment of our sorry season.DM now needs the time and the space to impliment his ideas for next season but the nagging fear is that of DC and Paxo's constant meddling in player recruitment and bringing in players that DM does not want.

11 minutes ago, Marro said:

First half performance “seemed” good.  It is just an illusion though  because the opposition just have to move up into second gear to win.

We cannot raise our game.   We didn’t get hammered by Norwich but they did enough to win the game without really breaking sweat. Just like many teams we have played this season.

It was odd watching  fairly good performance, going in ahead but still being certain that we were going to lose. Neither goal was surprising. Really weird way to watch a game, and not at all fun knowing the goal is always coming for the opposition.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-owl said:

It was odd watching  fairly good performance, going in ahead but still being certain that we were going to lose. Neither goal was surprising. Really weird way to watch a game, and not at all fun knowing the goal is always coming for the opposition.

Funny thing is In CC's first season, We started off slowly in the first half in a lot of matches,but in the second half we really stepped up the pace and in lot of games have gone on to win.But sadly that energy,purpose and desire is sadly lacking in the current squad.