Our last chance

13 hours ago, room0035 said:

For me we have Huddersfield at home, Barnsley away then a 2 week international break and time to get few players for and some work on the training ground.

We need to win Huddersfield and try and get something from the Barnsley game, if we can go into the international break 4 points of 4th bottom and a game in hand on Birmingham we have to believe we still have a slim chance of staying up.

Rotherham have a lot of games in hand but with so many games in a short period it could act against them.

Birmingham next two are Reading at home and Watford away.

Come on let's get some belief that we can try and stay in this fight.

So what your saying is, if we suddenly hit promotion form and Birmingham and Rotherham’s performances fall of a cliff we might stay up? 
We are on a record breaking losing streak. We have scored 25 and conceded 45 goals. We haven’t managed any points from losing positions and have lost more points than I can count from winning positions.

Loads of our players are heading out of contract and have clearly ‘checked out’. Players like Iorfa, Luongo, Green remain injured. 
Birmingham have a new manager and the same international break to work in. Rotherham have a lot of remaining games against mid table sides who have nothing to play for. 

Ive just checked bookies odds and we are 1to6 to go down. 
Hmm. This is not a picture that makes me get some belief at this stage. Best I can muster is a tiny weeny bit of hope. Probably not even that really. 

• Like 1

I like peoples optimism but there is no way on earth that survival will happen.  We were not relegated due to defeat by Norwich but by the games below.  

Wednesday 0 Luton Town 1

Wycombe 1 Wednesday 0

Rotherham 3 Wednesday 0

Wednesday 0 Birmingham 1

Luton Town 3 Wednesday 2

Wednesday 1 Rotherham 2

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

I like peoples optimism but there is no way on earth that survival will happen.  We were not relegated due to defeat by Norwich but by the games below.  

Wednesday 0 Luton Town 1

Wycombe 1 Wednesday 0

Rotherham 3 Wednesday 0

Wednesday 0 Birmingham 1

Luton Town 3 Wednesday 2

Wednesday 1 Rotherham 2

Yep and you can add to that list.

Huddersfield 2 Wednesday 0

Coventry 2 Wednesday 0

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

There’s something about this Chansiri. If he can mess it up he will do.

Fixed it for you.  There’s the route of all of our prombles.

Most of our players are low on confidence, out of contract this summer and eyeing up their next transfer away from SWFC.

Players should be taking responsibility and should be desperately trying to keep this club in the Championship.  But we don’t live in an ideal world.

You’re never going to get 100% effort from footballers with so much off-the-field instability here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Wednesday 0 Luton Town 1

Wycombe 1 Wednesday 0

Rotherham 3 Wednesday 0

Wednesday 0 Birmingham 1

Luton Town 3 Wednesday 2

Wednesday 1 Rotherham 2

Our record against the other teams in the bottom half, with five still left to play...

P    W   D    L     F    A   POINTS

17   5    2   10   11  20      17

4 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

So what your saying is, if we suddenly hit promotion form and Birmingham and Rotherham’s performances fall of a cliff we might stay up? 
We are on a record breaking losing streak. We have scored 25 and conceded 45 goals. We haven’t managed any points from losing positions and have lost more points than I can count from winning positions.

Loads of our players are heading out of contract and have clearly ‘checked out’. Players like Iorfa, Luongo, Green remain injured. 
Birmingham have a new manager and the same international break to work in. Rotherham have a lot of remaining games against mid table sides who have nothing to play for. 

Ive just checked bookies odds and we are 1to6 to go down. 
Hmm. This is not a picture that makes me get some belief at this stage. Best I can muster is a tiny weeny bit of hope. Probably not even that really. 

No what i am saying is if we can get a couple of positive results against Huddersfield and Barnsley.

Rotherham have not played for a few weeks and could well be rusty and Birmingham are playing as bad as we are but their next two is Reading at home and Watford away.

Look I have been where you are with the doom and gloom and this week I decide lets hope for something positive come 9.30pm on Wednesday, we could be all but relegated, or we could get a valuable 3 points then go into the game against the 6 fingered lads from Oakwell with a chance of getting something from the game. 

We realistically need 7 wins from the last 11 to get anywhere near the target we need , its probably not going to happen, but as they say as an Owl its the hope that kills you. lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No what i am saying is if we can get a couple of positive results against Huddersfield and Barnsley.

Rotherham have not played for a few weeks and could well be rusty and Birmingham are playing as bad as we are but their next two is Reading at home and Watford away.

Look I have been where you are with the doom and gloom and this week I decide lets hope for something positive come 9.30pm on Wednesday, we could be all but relegated, or we could get a valuable 3 points then go into the game against the 6 fingered lads from Oakwell with a chance of getting something from the game. 

We realistically need 7 wins from the last 11 to get anywhere near the target we need , its probably not going to happen, but as they say as an Owl its the hope that kills you. lol

7 wins from 11 - not a hope in hell - 7 losses from 11, very possibly.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Just say it out loud ‘we just need seven wins from 11’ 😱😱😱

I would love it if your right I really would. 
My Kids have gone back to School, my business has just started to pick up work again and my wife has recently lost a stone and a half. Surely Wednesday can’t come good as well?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Six points this week and I may start believe again. However Barnsley are unbeaten in about 100 games so I don't hold out much hope. 

Barnsley unbeaten in 100 games.

Huddersfield unbeaten since 2011

FFS

20 hours ago, room0035 said:

For me we have Huddersfield at home, Barnsley away then a 2 week international break and time to get few players for and some work on the training ground.

We need to win Huddersfield and try and get something from the Barnsley game, if we can go into the international break 4 points of 4th bottom and a game in hand on Birmingham we have to believe we still have a slim chance of staying up.

Rotherham have a lot of games in hand but with so many games in a short period it could act against them.

Birmingham next two are Reading at home and Watford away.

Come on let's get some belief that we can try and stay in this fight.

I thought we were a good chance to go down after our bad run, just before Darren Moore came in and pretty much a nailed on certainty after the last few results. Out of desperation, I knocked up a spreadsheet the other day, showing the bottom 8 teams and their remaining games and put the same points gained already against the teams they have left to play and realised then that we do have a better chance than I thought. OK we got some lucky points against teams like Watford, Blackburn and Swansea, but we also had some bad games where we did not turn out and lost, or had bad luck and lost against teams like Forest, Bristol and Barnsley.

If the points thing is the same for each team, we would go down just 4 points shy of Birmingham, who play Brentford and Reading again and beat both last time around so only need to slip up in those games to give us a chance of going above them. Their games are Bristol, Reading, Watford, Swansea, Brentford, Stoke, Rotherham, Forest,Derby, Cardiff and Blackburn. If Darren Moore can keep us playing with the same tempo, aggression and shape as we did against Norwich, until the end of the season, we could just scrape out of this, but boy oh boy do we need some luck!

COME ON YOU FLUKEY OWLS!

• Like 1