Our last chance

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

For me we have Huddersfield at home, Barnsley away then a 2 week international break and time to get few players for and some work on the training ground.

We need to win Huddersfield and try and get something from the Barnsley game, if we can go into the international break 4 points of 4th bottom and a game in hand on Birmingham we have to believe we still have a slim chance of staying up.

Rotherham have a lot of games in hand but with so many games in a short period it could act against them.

Birmingham next two are Reading at home and Watford away.

Come on let's get some belief that we can try and stay in this fight.

‘Try and get something at Barnsley’....

One of the most depressing sentences a Wednesday can probably here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

‘Try and get something at Barnsley’....

One of the most depressing sentences a Wednesday can probably here.

I would have agreed months ago but Barnsley have become a very good team -  just shows what can be done with good recruitment on and off the field.

Barnsley will give us a thrashing unfortunately.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

For me we have Huddersfield at home, Barnsley away then a 2 week international break and time to get few players for and some work on the training ground.

We need to win Huddersfield and try and get something from the Barnsley game, if we can go into the international break 4 points of 4th bottom and a game in hand on Birmingham we have to believe we still have a slim chance of staying up.

Rotherham have a lot of games in hand but with so many games in a short period it could act against them.

Although I feel it’s over, I like your style and optimism. Gets my vote and Hudds is the last chance. 

1 hour ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Six points this week and I may start believe again. However Barnsley are unbeaten in about 100 games so I don't hold out much hope. 

Lol..Barnsley will soon overtake Huddersfield  weren't they unbeaten at home for 8 seasons!

51 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

We're down. In reality, we were after the Birmingham game, shambles of a performance and result. That was the moment it went out of our grasp.

Rotherham was the last chance to gain anything back.

Let Moore build for next season.

Think that’s about it. We might have a chance but can’t see it really 

4 hours ago, Marro said:

Love the optimism.  Unfortunately it is just not going to happen.  We’ve too much to do and are relying on other clubs to falter.

the other teams we are relying on to falter are, by definition, poor sides too

9 hours ago, SiJ said:

Nah, we are gone.

I've thought it for quite a while now. There was a brief bit of hope with that little run under Thommo, but then we follow it up with one of our worst runs ever.

Pretty much sums this team up really. They are a poor group of players, who lack ability and the mental application.

Pep would struggle to get a tune out of these wasters.

Remember this diabolical form/performances has been pretty much a thing since January of last year.

Since January least year?

Don’t forget Monk’s first half of that season.

What went wrong?

10 hours ago, room0035 said:

I’m still holding onto a tiny bit of hope.

We are currently unspeakably dire, but Birmingham and Rotherham are awful too. 

After picking two dreadful line-ups from his ignorance of the squad, there were real signs that DM was getting it right on Saturday. Nearly all our best (least bad) players were in their best roles. 

Huddersfield is a must must must win, then look up and see what’s next. Sport is all about momentum and confidence. We need some, starting tomorrow.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Every time we have played a team around the bottom we've lost.

I expect nothing but 2 more defeats this week.

In fact wouldnt surprise me of we lost every game this season.

You know Barnsley are current 6th right.

That blows your theory.😁😁😁