Moore is too nice

You can't play football if you're frightened.  

In the last 15 minutes of games, I think we've scored 3 goals and conceded about 18.  I think Blackburn managed 3 goals in the last 15 mins against us last season, in just one game. 

The players aren't fit to play 90 minutes, mentally or physically.  That needs working on, wether Moore is nice or not.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

You can't play football if you're frightened.  

In the last 15 minutes of games, I think we've scored 3 goals and conceded about 18.  I think Blackburn managed 3 goals in the last 15 mins against us last season, in just one game. 

The players aren't fit to play 90 minutes, mentally or physically.  That needs working on, wether Moore is nice or not.  

Said it time and time again that this set of players aren't fit. They aren't professional enough to prepare themselves and look after their fitness. Instead we are left with players beating the ground as yet another opponent is quicker to the ball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After many years in management I firmly believe that each individual responds to a different stimulus.

Laying it on the line (ranting & raving) worked with some, but with others it just caused them to regress within themselves, close down in effect and become virtually non responsive / non productive.

The art of good man-management is to know which individual responds to which stimuli 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Its 2021

People still think that shouting and throwing bottles at millionaires still works??

REALLY??

And being a nice bloke does?

Said it before you have to be honest with some of them, tell em they're crap when they are.

I'll start,

Bannon you're crap.

Edited by daleblue
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

This is true. Pulis was a very experienced manager, and clearly couldn’t wait to jump ship with this lot....and I expected him to do much better with them.

Sadly DM can’t either.

My worry is that I’m not convinced he is the man to turn us around this season or next because I think it’s become the impossible job for other than a very top class manager that we couldn’t attract.

You are entitled to your view, you may even be right. However now isn't the time to doubt the guy, he's only been here a couple of weeks. He's barely had time to find his way round the ground and the training facilities.

We were down before he arrived, any reasonable person knows that. DM's job is to rebuild the team for next season. If we don't go down next season he will have done a half decent job.

My worry isn't about Moore's ability, it's about whether he will have his hands tied by DC

• Like 2

I think the word we are looking for is discipline. You can create discipline within an environment without ranting and raving. You set standards and a culture where everyone wants to achieve and over achieve them. This is often done by example, as opposed to verbally. You then reward and praise success and identify and work with failure. Why have they failed, what was the reason? 

Darren Moore is here for the rebuild for next season, regardless of the results. We saw a ‘bounce’ yesterday and some good football to boot. My opinion is he is a good choice and will do well over time here.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Furious George said:

I don't, but, because every game so far since he took charge we've been poo, I reckon that's a fair assumption.

Tbf we've been fecking poor under several managers which to me says its the players that are at fault not the managers, can't wait for a clear out with dm at the helm. 

• Like 1

A bit mixed so far .....some of his selections and substitutions have been a bit baffling , but there was definitely a shape and attacking intent yesterday that was a million times better than anything Pulis served up , but the bottom line is played 3 lost 3.

From here on in its all about recruitment............if he is left to it then we can judge him properly next season.......................if the situation stays as it is then he is f***ed before he starts.

There is a phrase..... "players would run through a brick wall for the manager". This isn't achieved by fear, fearful players would run around it.

We appointed Moore for the character he is, I don't think he should change to suit this group of players. Rather change the players to suit him, an inevitability in a few weeks when the season is over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok mate 

Sounds like a solid plan 👍

Joking aside if you are not honest with a problem you cannot solve the problem, especially when it involves a number of people.

Just now, daleblue said:

Joking aside if you are not honest with a problem you cannot solve the problem, especially when it involves a number of people.

I'm 100% confident he puts a very positive spin on things to the press in public

I'm 100% confident he's honest with the players privately

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Much as I love the old fashioned manager taking the paint off the wall at half time with his tongue it wouldn't work in modern football.

Gone are the days of Clough basically bullying players and even Alex Ferguson hairdryer treatment.

You can be a nice bloke outside of dressing room and be a non nonsense type of manager within it but not in the same way as 30-40 years ago.