Moore is too nice

8 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

You have no idea how he acts in the dressing room

and hes been here a FORTNIGHT!

Owlstalk today...flailing for reasons and the toys are now out the window.

Pin the tail on the scapegoat..now blindfolded.

Nice, so if HIGHERSTATE can let everyone know when it's okay to be wary of he new manager, that'd be great, cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Westfield Owl said:

Baseless speculation.

And giving players ‘the hairdryer’ treatment rarely works on a medium/long-term basis.  Might have done in the 1980s but not in 2021.

As a football coach/manager, you’ve got to be smarter than that now.

Let’s give Darren Moore a few weeks in the job before writing him off, eh?

It's not baseless speculation, just repeating what other professional footballers say.

Baseless speculation is assuming the hair dryer treatment doesn't work, unless you've got evidence.

1 minute ago, Furious George said:

Nice, so if HIGHERSTATE can let everyone know when it's okay to be wary of he new manager, that'd be great, cheers.

But what you are saying is a baseless subjective opinion predending to be some sort fact.

I might as well said Darren Moore is too tall.

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
36 minutes ago, Furious George said:

Every pundit praises him, such a nice bloke.

And I agree, he really is.

But, imagine now if those players were walking in to face Nigel Pearson in the dressing room. Most would still be on the pitch afraid to walk in.

We need someone to grab hold of these players and shake the fizz out of them.

I don't think a Moore is that man.

How do you know he isn’t giving them a kick up the arse in the dressing room?

Doesn't matter what approach you have with the players 

When they've had enough of you they'll down tools and wait til you a sacked 

Players run the changing room these days, managers are the ones who are blamed when results dive 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Furious George said:

It's not baseless speculation, just repeating what other professional footballers say.

Baseless speculation is assuming the hair dryer treatment doesn't work, unless you've got evidence.

Nah it is baseless speculation mate.

You're not just repeating what’s been said.  You’re drawing your own conclusions from things that haven’t been said by anyone of any credibility or relevance.

Big difference.

• Like 1

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

Why not say In my opinion then.

Im done with owlstalk today, the emotion mixed with lockdown and real ale has pickled everyones brains.

Seriously!! Every statement on Owlstalk should now be preceded with the words "in my opinion"

Just in case people don't realise it's in my opinion. Christ.

I think Darren Moore is credible and has a style we can get behind. I didn’t think that of Pulis in style terms, (or Monk particularly but I’d rather this year we’d stuck with him for safety’s sake). The whole team, personality, character issue needs sorting. I’d back Moore to do it but depends on whether he’ll be doing the recruiting. 

• Like 1

He's a good manager, but we needed him 2 months ago, and whilst I suspect he'll get the performance levels up in league 1, he hasn't got a promotion on his CV yet.

I appreciate that is a harsh criticism for someone who hasn't been managing for long, but there is an awful lot riding on us getting back up quickly.

• Like 1

We've had Monk who was a bit quiet, polite, gentlemanly, shy.

We've had Pulis, calls a spade a spade, arms flailing, angry, passionate, blunt. 

We've had Thompson, protective of his boys, analytical, sincere, able to have those tough discussions.

Now Moore, who strikes me between Monk and Thompson.

We are still losing.  

I wonder if starving the team of investment has anything to do with it.  I wonder if letting Fletcher, Foriestieri, Hunt, Fox, Lee et al go without equal or anywhere near replacements has something to do with it.

We are poo now by design of our owner, we just don't have the players or enough of them fit when needed.  These are all the consequences of Chansiri's decision making from years gone by.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For what it’s worth, Moore comes across as a decent and sincere sort of chap as a manager. But I’ve heard a few different stories from footballing circles that he was more than capable of being a nasty sh!t as a player. 

I don’t think him being too ‘nice’ is the problem. Perhaps instead we look at our woeful squad, for whom 50%+ are also focussing on getting the F out of here as their contracts are expiring in the summer. That might be a hint of a factor. 

• Like 3