Moore is too nice

Every pundit praises him, such a nice bloke.

And I agree, he really is.

But, imagine now if those players were walking in to face Nigel Pearson in the dressing room. Most would still be on the pitch afraid to walk in.

We need someone to grab hold of these players and shake the fizz out of them.

I don't think a Moore is that man.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I would not have a clue how to motivate millionaire avg talent players. The hair dryer treatment is out dated. If there is any way to motivate players I hope Moore can do it. I think its more of a pride thing that he needs to pick up on. But it can't be easy these days. There is not even a crowd to get the players going 

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

I would not have a clue how to motivate millionaire avg talent players. The hair dryer treatment is out dated. If there is any way to motivate players I hope Moore can do it. I think its more of a pride thing that he needs to pick up on. But it can't be easy these days. There is not even a crowd to get the players going 

******** hell mate, imagine if the crowd was there, we wouldn't be anywhere close to getting them going.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Its 2021

People still think that shouting and throwing bottles at millionaires still works??

REALLY??

it seems that having millionaires as players isn’t working. Maybe we need a different model.

REALLY!!

2 minutes ago, Furious George said:

Working out well so far

You can’t polish a turd. 

Pulis hardly renowned for being a soft touch with the players and he couldn’t get a tune out of them. 

He needs time and be allowed to recruit his own players. There are huge doubts over both of that. 

• Like 5

Time will tell. 

By all accounts, one of the most liked blokes in the English games. You'd like to think that would count for something. 

Tbf to him, he's dealing with some absolute wasters at the moment, proper charlatans. 

I just hope he's given the chance to build his own team here. I fear Chansiri will pull the trigger on him if we don't start picking up a few wins before the season is out. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Furious George said:

Thanks mate, I disagree.

When do we get the new manager bounce?

I don't think any manager could save us this season but I'm confident we've got the right bloke to build a new team for next season

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You can’t polish a turd. 

Pulis hardly renowned for being a soft touch with the players and he couldn’t get a tune out of them. 

He needs time and be allowed to recruit his own players. There are huge doubts over both of that. 

This is true. Pulis was a very experienced manager, and clearly couldn’t wait to jump ship with this lot....and I expected him to do much better with them.

Sadly DM can’t either.

My worry is that I’m not convinced he is the man to turn us around this season or next because I think it’s become the impossible job for other than a very top class manager that we couldn’t attract.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

I don't think any manager could save us this season but I'm confident we've got the right bloke to build a new team for next season

Fair play. 

Personally I don't want any "building for next season", because that sentiment is like watching this sorrowful bunch of players eek their way through football matches, and thinking that's okay.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Furious George said:

Every pundit praises him, such a nice bloke.

And I agree, he really is.

But, imagine now if those players were walking in to face Nigel Pearson in the dressing room. Most would still be on the pitch afraid to walk in.

We need someone to grab hold of these players and shake the fizz out of them.

I don't think a Moore is that man.

Baseless speculation.

And giving players ‘the hairdryer’ treatment rarely works on a medium/long-term basis.  Might have done in the 1980s but not in 2021.

As a football coach/manager, you’ve got to be smarter than that now.

Let’s give Darren Moore a few weeks in the job before writing him off, eh?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Furious George said:

Fair play. 

Personally I don't want any "building for next season", because that sentiment is like watching this sorrowful bunch of players eek their way through football matches, and thinking that's okay.

Its far from ok but we r stuck with this squad till the summer

• Like 1