2 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

If I were any club I'd be worried about signing such a pathetic excuse of a footballer ...Middlesbroughs best ever transfer deal.

Every time he plays on TV the commentary says one thing that he can score spectacular goals ... I mean yeah the clock is correct twice a day if stopped...I'd love to say that I can't wait for a clear out but we've tried that before in 2015 with a new side.

Successful clubs don't just look at talent anymore, they look at character, workrate, ground covered, attitude, adaptability and fighting spirit. No one watching Reach would sign him for any of these characteristics. He has been poor value for money.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

If I were any club I'd be worried about signing such a pathetic excuse of a footballer ...Middlesbroughs best ever transfer deal.

Every time he plays on TV the commentary says one thing that he can score spectacular goals ... I mean yeah the clock is correct twice a day if stopped...I'd love to say that I can't wait for a clear out but we've tried that before in 2015 with a new side.

How many times have we said ‘looking forward t’a clear out’ over t’last 20years🤷🏽

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think he’s very much a confidence player. In a side which is struggling and with poor technical players around him - he’s a waste of a shirt.

He’s a good footballer but not someone you want in a relegation scrap. Put him in Brentford or Reading’s side I think he looks good, like he did for us a couple of seasons ago.

The quality of the squad has dropped off hugely and Reach hasn’t adapted to the change in quality around him. 

And I think he generally just needs a change of scenery. It’s gone so stale for him at Wednesday. We could have probably fetched a good few million for him a couple years ago too. 

good summary , can’t disagree 

• Love 1

Shouldn’t play for club again. Shouldn’t have been playing for the past how many seasons. Dreadful player , no effort no commitment. Exactly what’s wrong with the club at the moment .  I wonder if other players wonder why he keeps pointing at players . 

It is sad to see that however much support our players need, there is still a sizeable section of our fanbase with their little lists of players that they just cannot wait to jump on. Players like Bannan, Reach and Lees who have been consistently been our best three players, no matter which little new stars have popped up, twinkled and disappeared again, these three players have continuously carried our team. They have all three had bad spells, usually through injury, or being placed totally out of position, but compared to the collection of "players" that make up the rest of the squad, they are pretty much faultless. It must be hard consistently playing more games than any other of our playing squad and knowing that if you are not one of the contenders for man of the match, the rest of the squad rarely have enough short flashes of skill and endeavour to win the game, or at least a point.

I am sick of these recurring posts and the rubbish spouted by people that only think a player is a good player when he scores a goal for the team, or plays the big hero, while losing his man when we concede goals.

We had three forward players and Reach was the only one, including subs, that won a tackle. He and Rhodes had the best pass success rates of our attackers, but with Reach making 3 x as many passes, more long and medium range passes and two key passes that led to chances on goal he was by far the best, in a difficult position to distribute the ball. He had two shots at goal, one on target and covered pretty much all of the pitch, filling in in midfield where we were often overrun. So despite having a poor game as far as his own high standards, he still did more and did better than the players who were playing in their natural roles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

It is sad to see that however much support our players need, there is still a sizeable section of our fanbase with their little lists of players that they just cannot wait to jump on. Players like Bannan, Reach and Lees who have been consistently been our best three players, no matter which little new stars have popped up, twinkled and disappeared again, these three players have continuously carried our team. They have all three had bad spells, usually through injury, or being placed totally out of position, but compared to the collection of "players" that make up the rest of the squad, they are pretty much faultless. It must be hard consistently playing more games than any other of our playing squad and knowing that if you are not one of the contenders for man of the match, the rest of the squad rarely have enough short flashes of skill and endeavour to win the game, or at least a point.

I am sick of these recurring posts and the rubbish spouted by people that only think a player is a good player when he scores a goal for the team, or plays the big hero, while losing his man when we concede goals.

We had three forward players and Reach was the only one, including subs, that won a tackle. He and Rhodes had the best pass success rates of our attackers, but with Reach making 3 x as many passes, more long and medium range passes and two key passes that led to chances on goal he was by far the best, in a difficult position to distribute the ball. He had two shots at goal, one on target and covered pretty much all of the pitch, filling in in midfield where we were often overrun. So despite having a poor game as far as his own high standards, he still did more and did better than the players who were playing in their natural roles.

You are right Reach was magnificent yesterday and should have been man of the match.

😂

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Successful clubs don't just look at talent anymore, they look at character, workrate, ground covered, attitude, adaptability and fighting spirit. No one watching Reach would sign him for any of these characteristics. He has been poor value for money.

Reach will get fixed up at a good Championship side. And he will probably do well for whoever he joins.

Very much a case of needs a change of scenery. Monk messed him about playing him here there and everywhere. He had a slight resurgence under Pulis. And now he’s gone back to the levels he was performing under Monk.

Very much a confidence player and playing him out of position is pointless. 

55 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Make some good points.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Reach will get fixed up at a good Championship side. And he will probably do well for whoever he joins.

Very much a case of needs a change of scenery. Monk messed him about playing him here there and everywhere. He had a slight resurgence under Pulis. And now he’s gone back to the levels he was performing under Monk.

Very much a confidence player and playing him out of position is pointless. 

Yes. I wonder sometimes if many of the players look at how their time has gone here and wonder what might have happened if they had signed for that other club. I cannot help but think that Bannan, Lees and Reach could all have played for clubs that have done much better than we have, but for some reason or other they really do like being here. I suppose we will find out this summer, because I think Reach would be far better off as a player, going to a club that appreciates all that he can do, but play him in his strongest position. As a club and set of fans we are not appreciative enough of many of the genuinely good players that we have had, until they have gone and as a club we really needed players like Reach, Lees and Bannan, whereas they could have gone anywhere and were daft enough to come to us. I would hope that those three would remain, at least for a couple more seasons and become the experienced nucleus of whatever we build in the future, hopefully starting this summer with young keen players with something to prove to the world, but maybe you are right and it is better to let players like Reach go rather than continuously holding him and us back by getting him to do what he is not best at rather than filling that gap. The only problem is that when he does go, there will be a big gap, because the only player left that makes more than a handful of assists and key passes will be Bannan, who is getting a bit long in the tooth now for being the focus of attention for opposing teams wanting to stop us from playing, especially in league 1 which will be a big wake up call for many of our players that have not experienced that division before. 

9 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Yes. I wonder sometimes if many of the players look at how their time has gone here and wonder what might have happened if they had signed for that other club. I cannot help but think that Bannan, Lees and Reach could all have played for clubs that have done much better than we have, but for some reason or other they really do like being here. I suppose we will find out this summer, because I think Reach would be far better off as a player, going to a club that appreciates all that he can do, but play him in his strongest position. As a club and set of fans we are not appreciative enough of many of the genuinely good players that we have had, until they have gone and as a club we really needed players like Reach, Lees and Bannan, whereas they could have gone anywhere and were daft enough to come to us. I would hope that those three would remain, at least for a couple more seasons and become the experienced nucleus of whatever we build in the future, hopefully starting this summer with young keen players with something to prove to the world, but maybe you are right and it is better to let players like Reach go rather than continuously holding him and us back by getting him to do what he is not best at rather than filling that gap. The only problem is that when he does go, there will be a big gap, because the only player left that makes more than a handful of assists and key passes will be Bannan, who is getting a bit long in the tooth now for being the focus of attention for opposing teams wanting to stop us from playing, especially in league 1 which will be a big wake up call for many of our players that have not experienced that division before. 

All three have stuck around too long. On pretty comfortable contracts and in terms of football probably needed to move on for the benefit of both themselves and the club. 

This is where a well run business would have sold all three while they’re stock is high. I’m pretty sure a few seasons ago we could have commanded very good fees for all three of them. You use that money to reinvest and keep the squad fresh and hungry.

Instead we kept on to players who failed to help us get promoted and let them stick around long enough to lose form and lose value.

Very sad to see players like these three and you can chuck the likes of Westwood and Hutch in too, stick around to being part of the side that is going to get relegated. All 5 were part of a very good Championship squad a few seasons back.

Why running the club like a business is so so important. Something DC has just never learnt. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

56 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

All three have stuck around too long. On pretty comfortable contracts and in terms of football probably needed to move on for the benefit of both themselves and the club. 

This is where a well run business would have sold all three while they’re stock is high. I’m pretty sure a few seasons ago we could have commanded very good fees for all three of them. You use that money to reinvest and keep the squad fresh and hungry.

Instead we kept on to players who failed to help us get promoted and let them stick around long enough to lose form and lose value.

Very sad to see players like these three and you can chuck the likes of Westwood and Hutch in too, stick around to being part of the side that is going to get relegated. All 5 were part of a very good Championship squad a few seasons back.

Why running the club like a business is so so important. Something DC has just never learnt. 

Unfortunately it takes our player recruitment department longer and longer to find players, they failed to land just two critical players last summer in a striker and left back, both top of Monk's shopping list and players required. They went instead for easy targets that they knew they could land and they were all to a man mediocre at best. If we had a dynamic player sourcing department, we could have replaced our best players and brought in more energetic players, and fill a few of our missing different skill sets too, but unfortunately Lees, Bannan and Reach have remained as our best three, most reliable players, with no others of the same type of player or of the same calibre added, not even in supporting roles. We have brought more and more weaker players into the club. More and more players that just do not seem to have footballing brains. More and more players that do not have enough drive for themselves never mind driving on the players around them. More and more players who are happy to be told what to do rather than make their own decisions. I think that we have missed the boat regarding getting any money back now on these three players, but if they do have an affinity, or love or feel some kind of strong loyalty to the club then I would rather they stay and help us get back up a division, as our experienced club players and build around them, than that let Chansiri and his dodgey sidekick continue to offload mediocre players onto our team, because I think we will need a lot more than that to get promoted from league 1. We got stuck down there last time, as did united and it could be a lot harder than we all like to remember to get back out of that division, especially with the transparent kinds of players that Chansiri has been bringing in more and more just recently.