Moore and his Subs

40 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s midfield that’s the problem, we don’t create anything. It’s not like we miss loads of chances every week. We could have Kane up front and it wouldn’t make much difference 

There is no creative midfield. We pretend BB is it but he isn’t

43 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

People need to realise this club is relegated already. 

I have no fault with what Moore is doing at the minute, which in my opinion is assessing for next season. 

Certainly looking that he is doing that but he was brought in to stop the slide. Only explanation for not playing Shaw, our best player. Dunkley was not fit I gather...should play when he is..need dominating figure at the back..not so important vs Norwich as they play on the carpet. 

Thing is, 3 defeats in his first 3 games and some have made their mind up already about Moore already which is fair enough.

He got stick after the first two games for shoehorning players into a 4231. A lot were saying he wouldn’t change from 4231 but today he did and a decent game plan had us 1-0 up at H-T against the runaway league leaders.

What cost us apart from Norwich’s quality telling in the end was a lack of fitness and mental toughness that has been in evidence with this squad for 4 or 5 years.

Moore can’t do anything about that in the short term. Most of us want to see us pass it on the floor, we’re trying to do that now but we don’t have too many players at the moment that are comfortable in possession. Eventually we will.

We have to accept that we are going to have to start from scratch. Just about every player we have is out of contract within the next 15 months. Only FDB, Bannan and Dawson have contracts with us for the 2022/23 season.

The rebuild starts in May and we have to give Moore at least 3 years but even if the Chairman does, I very much doubt the fans will. Some think he’s the wrong appointment now?

Personally I think he’s the right man and he will eventually deliver the young, hungry and vibrant team we want to see but it’ll take time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Pelupessy is one of the worst. Dunkley and Shaw may not be fit but they are badly needed.

Gather Dunkley not fit but where was Shaw? Urhoghide , Pelupessy normally ( better today) and Reach not worth picking if Shaw available to be in the  XI

I'm liking what I'm seeing with Moore.

But he made a mistake today with Bannan, Reach and Windass at around 1:30pm today.

They struggled to think and react. They were coasting and ineffective. Baz at fault for their 1st because he didn't do his job and Windass was at fault for the 2nd for going it alone (he's really thick).

The mistake was that they weren't subbed after 60 minutes...all 3 had gone. They had no energy left and everything went astray for them after 60 minutes.

On the plus side...I always think Pelupessy is rubbish...but today he played really well, he was impressive in the 1st half.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crookesowl said:

The subs are solely to rest legs. There isn’t enough quality to turn a game with subs. 

Now I struggle with this, a professional footballer that can't last 90 minutes, when that's what he's paid and trained to do ffs.

How the feck would they cope working 5x12 hour shifts and then playing Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning every week and may I add, play with more passion than some of these wasters.

If they can't do 90 minutes feck em off or if they're 'tired' after 70 minutes, pay the feckers 70% of their inflated wages.

I'm sick of hearing 'tired legs' as an excuse for lack of fight, passion and just simply rolling over ffs.

Rant over.

1 hour ago, Bluewings said:

3 at the back hasn't worked. if it had we wouldn't be in this mess?

We set on Moore who is 4231, it's not set in stone our strongest XI is 352 we proved that today.

We don’t have the fullbacks to play a flat back four. This squad was assembled specifically for one formation and we need immediate performances.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lincowl said:

We don’t have the fullbacks to play a flat back four. This squad was assembled specifically for one formation and we need immediate performances.

Yeah this is true.

We arguably don't have decent wing backs either tbh. Aside from Wycombe reach has never looked convincing there.

3 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Has he made one that has benefited or one that has made any sense yet? 

Rotherham with 10 to go he takes Bannan off. 

Today Rhodes has put a decent shift in occupying their defence and admittedly was tiring. The obvious change is to bring Patterson on to also occupy them. 

He brings the woeful Jack Marriot on to play the lone striker role.

Imo he’s making continued odd subs. 

Bang on, bit scary.

2 hours ago, Burnsie said:

I would say expecting Paterson to change a game in any length of time is ridiculous

Still our top scorer. Gets stuck in and cares unlike some.

Should have started with Rhodes for me but at least been brought on as soon as they scored their 2nd, not with 4 mins to go.