Moore and his Subs

30 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Who would you have brought on to change the game from what was on the bench? 

Paterson should have been on a lot earlier.

Giving him 5 mins to change the game is ridiculous.

And Reach should have been hooked for Shaw after an hour at the latest, he was like the invisible man and fannied about and lost it when he did get the ball 

Guest LondonOwl313
15 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The quality of our "attacking" unit is why we are in this mess.  Freebies who no one else wanted.

The rest of the squad are adequate and with adequate forwards they would be more than capable of getting the club to a much higher position in the league. 

The forwards are not taking the pressure off the rest of them team and obviously not scoring enough.

We could go through every manager in the country and nothing will change until we sign forwards with a track record of scoring.

It’s midfield that’s the problem, we don’t create anything. It’s not like we miss loads of chances every week. We could have Kane up front and it wouldn’t make much difference 

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s midfield that’s the problem, we don’t create anything. It’s not like we miss loads of chances every week. We could have Kane up front and it wouldn’t make much difference 

Oh no, not this old chestnut the forwards aren't finding space, getting in the right areas, can't drive forward with the ball. No eye for goal. 

Put them in any other team and that team would flounder.

1 hour ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Has he made one that has benefited or one that has made any sense yet? 

Rotherham with 10 to go he takes Bannan off. 

Today Rhodes has put a decent shift in occupying their defence and admittedly was tiring. The obvious change is to bring Patterson on to also occupy them. 

He brings the woeful Jack Marriot on to play the lone striker role.

Imo he’s making continued odd subs. 

I would have brought Shaw on for Reach at that time to add some fresh legs in midfield, change the forward set up later.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Oh no, not this old chestnut the forwards aren't finding space, getting in the right areas, can't drive forward with the ball. No eye for goal. 

Put them in any other team and that team would flounder.

Well look at who’s in midfield.. Harris shows promise and a few tricks but ultimately never scores and you can count his assists each season on one hand.. not good enough.

Reach is anonymous unless he plays on the left, which managers often don’t do. And even when he does play left like today he’s basically downed tools and given up, doesn’t get enough assists or goals.

Bannan our main creative force but he’s not scored this season apart from a couple of pens. Not getting many assists either.

Pelupessy offers nothing going forward at all.

Windass when played deep does nothing and never passes.

So yes it doesn’t matter who’s up front because they won’t get any chances. Rhodes had one chance and scored and didn’t have much chance to do anything else. If you stuck Kane up there he’d have scored the Rhodes chance, but he wouldn’t be able to work with the service we provide. 

11 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

In the 1st half our midfield looked interested and closed down the Norwich midfield, but, once again, in the 2nd half they faded and needed refreshing well before they scored.

Mind you they began to 'Old man' the ref none more than Cantwell, it really pees me off when our players shake the hands of some one like him at the end of the game, I would be honest and tell him to "Feck off, you cheating Ctnu". 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Well look at who’s in midfield.. Harris shows promise and a few tricks but ultimately never scores and you can count his assists each season on one hand.. not good enough.

Reach is anonymous unless he plays on the left, which managers often don’t do. And even when he does play left like today he’s basically downed tools and given up, doesn’t get enough assists or goals.

Bannan our main creative force but he’s not scored this season apart from a couple of pens. Not getting many assists either.

Pelupessy offers nothing going forward at all.

Windass when played deep does nothing and never passes.

So yes it doesn’t matter who’s up front because they won’t get any chances. Rhodes had one chance and scored and didn’t have much chance to do anything else. If you stuck Kane up there he’d have scored the Rhodes chance, but he wouldn’t be able to work with the service we provide. 

Kane would score as would any forward above the calibre we have at the club. Our forwards would be just as woeful at any other club as a unit.

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

In the 1st half our midfield looked interested and closed down the Norwich midfield, but, once again, in the 2nd half they faded and needed refreshing well before they scored.

Mind you they began to 'Old man' the ref none more than Cantwell, it really pees me off when our players shake the hands of some one like him at the end of the game, I would be honest and tell him to "Feck off, you cheating Ctnu". 

Also, in the 1st half we were passing and moving the ball quicker than usual and it payed dividends, we actually looked as is we might score.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bluewings said:

Really?!

We just stuck Norwich top of the league, one foot in the PL door.

Cantwell, Aarons, Pukki, Buendia....they had Hugill on the bench fml.

Sides full of quality.

First half we scared the life out of them, 7 shots on target... I thought we played decent.

Under Monk, Thompson, Pulis we looked lacking in confidence and had nothing about us

I thought today showed the first signs that we have made the right appointment tbh.

IF we go down we will do well with Moore or if not I honestly can't see anyone better

who I'd have instead right now.

Said on SSN that was Pukis 50th goal in 75 matches for Norwich. We can only dream of a striker with that strike rate 

Edited by darra

Guest LondonOwl313
11 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Kane would score as would any forward above the calibre we have at the club. Our forwards would be just as woeful at any other club as a unit.

Well yeah the forwards are crap too don’t get me wrong.. and obviously Kane is an extreme example as a replacement. But I just mean that we could improve the forwards and not much would change while the midfield is this garbage 

He certainly hasn’t made a positive impact, which is what you hope for from a new appointment when in a relegation battle. Think Chansiri should have brought someone in who was happy to play three at the back and thus work with the squad we have.

5 minutes ago, Lincowl said:

He certainly hasn’t made a positive impact, which is what you hope for from a new appointment when in a relegation battle. Think Chansiri should have brought someone in who was happy to play three at the back and thus work with the squad we have.

Ordinarily yeah, but it’s difficult to get that bounce for the third time and when half the squad is planning their exit 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, darra said:

Said on SSN that was Pukis 50th goal in 75 matches for Norwich. We can only dream of a striker with that strike rate 

Agreed. They are a level above us atm.

Far too much looking into 7 defeats in a row, or the 3 in a row for Moore.

He's assessing the squad, put out arguably our strongest XI and we are already seeing benefits performance wise against superior opposition.

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Well yeah the forwards are crap too don’t get me wrong.. and obviously Kane is an extreme example as a replacement. But I just mean that we could improve the forwards and not much would change while the midfield is this garbage 

If you upped the quality of the forwards it would show in our league position.  I too would like a better quality midfield, but we need to focus on the forwards which should have been the number one priority in the close season, but it was never really addressed. 

We are in danger of going round in circles so will leave it there, but thanks for your time.   

6 minutes ago, Lincowl said:

3 at the back hasn't worked. if it had we wouldn't be in this mess?

We set on Moore who is 4231, it's not set in stone our strongest XI is 352 we proved that today.