Moore and his Subs

16 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

It's hard to make a sub that has a positive impact on the game when the bench are poor as the ones on the pitch. 

Exactly.

Season was done before he got here.

Monk started it, Pulis nuked it and Thompson papered over the cracks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Please dont make Moore the fall guy for this bunch of hopeless wasters. Weak, un-interested, no desire. Nothing! Any manager would have a job on keeping us up. Or to just get one good 90 minutes. 

This is the exact thinking which is why our diabolical managers like Jos and Monk got far longer than they would at any other club. 

Moore will go on a long Pulis like winless run too but it’s fine as it’s the players. Repeat cycle.

Yes the players are pretty crap (thanks Monk) but if a manager can’t do anything with them why have a manager at all? 

A decent manager would have kept us up this season despite everything, that I’m sure of. 

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Can only think he was going for a counter attack type change. But I admit some of his subs are a bit odd 

Who would you have brought on to change the game from what was on the bench? 

I've criticised Moore for his subs or lack off them especially in the Rotherham game it was disastrious, People can say he's not the problem and he isn't the problem but it doesn't stop you from making positive changes. Today it made sense for Marriott to come on for Rhodes, someone more agile and pacey, we stretched them at times and against Hanley the sensible option was pace, even if we went with a more direct approach of Patterson Hanley would swallow him up, They were pushing for goals and we set up to counter them so you go with pace.

Marriott very harshly treated so far, everyone was applauding his signing at the start of the season. 
We haven't created no chances from midfield all season but because we don't score it's ultimately the strikers fault.

I don't blame Moore for his choice today one bit.

3 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

This is the exact thinking which is why our diabolical managers like Jos and Monk got far longer than they would at any other club. 

Moore will go on a long Pulis like winless run too but it’s fine as it’s the players. Repeat cycle.

Yes the players are pretty crap (thanks Monk) but if a manager can’t do anything with them why have a manager at all? 

A decent manager would have kept us up this season despite everything, that I’m sure of. 

I think he has actually brought a couple of half decent changes. You can see he's trying to get some positivity into this group and us actually setting them up to have a go at teams. In every games so far he's been consistently let down by individuals making brainless decisions. 

45 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Has he made one that has benefited or one that has made any sense yet? 

Rotherham with 10 to go he takes Bannan off. 

Today Rhodes has put a decent shift in occupying their defence and admittedly was tiring. The obvious change is to bring Patterson on to also occupy them. 

He brings the woeful Jack Marriot on to play the lone striker role.

Imo he’s making continued odd subs. 

It's a fair point. The options he has are hardly game changing but from what we have seen Paterson would probably offered more in todays formation and approach than Marriott.

Monk, Pulis and Thompson all made subs that baffled me at times as well though.