Silver Lining

9 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Many years ago, there was an old bloke on the Kop I used to stand next to...and every game, as the Owls trotted out...He used to say "Here they f.ookin' come" ....In a forlorn voice that promised nowt...I had to stand with him cos it was me Uncle, and he loved the club..He's long gone now.

But i quickly found...It was the only way to follow them, expect nowt, take what joy you can get out of it...and ALWAYS support 'em.

Once again, its a testing time for Wednesday fans, the club seems to be going to hell in a handcart, we can't buy a win, and the fans are divided, by prices, by opinions, about just how far you have to go , as a Wednesday supporter.

Its OUR club, no matter what Chansiri has said, no matter what Chansiri has bought, or bought again, no matter how much he plasters his own name over a rented stadium that holds more hopes, fears and memories than he can even begin to imagine....

"Here they f.ookin' come...."...and long may they "f.ookin' come"...despite the painted name over The North...

You can't paint over history, no matter how high you scrawl your bloody name on it...Its changeless

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FOOTBALL CLUB

Thats what it is...and a tin of white paint, won't alter that fact, no matter how bloody omnipotent you see yourself...

"Here they f.ookin' come"

Gonna get it on a T shirt

And there you absolutely have it.

So beautifully put.

Even now, during this time that actually feels like the death of it all, there will be future days with fans, belonging, excitement and pride to have stayed with it all.

This is the biggest test of all time for Wednesday fans, if we can live through this, there will be other times to come, more historic and good times. Even after all this.