Wednesday - V - Norwich OMDT

Just now, 2roland2 said:

Result aside today, because I really didn’t expect anything but a significant loss this is the most weak, spineless squad I have ever watched supporting Wednesday. 
this comment isn’t based on today but pretty much this season and way beyond for some of the players........
Reach and bannan both good footballers but go missing when things aren’t going well. Both look like they are strolling around this season like they don’t give a fizz and both are a defensive liability every game. Ball watching and cant make a tackle between them. 
Westwood and Hutchinson aside no backbone and those two are at the end of their careers.
the rest of the squad are simply not good enough but worse than that they are not able to not let their heads drop. It’s a poor mentality that you just can’t have in sports. 
you can forgive the poor quality players I guess they just aren’t the right mentality or standard but for the better players such as reach and bannan to watch them stroll around makes my ******** boil. 

the club is rotten to the core.  

Channers and Paxo.png

2 minutes ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

I've not turned against him, just stating that he is rubbish. Which he is... 

Based on what?

Better things to do today, but not surprised. At least we scored and were moderately competitive it sounds. 

This team is garbage, most know they won't be here next season and it shows. Sounds like we ran out of steam again astonishing really after 7 days rest for supposed professional footballers. Too old, too slow, most don't care. 

9 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

But Brighton haven't got non tackling midfielders

Brighton: Tackles attempted 25, successful tackles 8.

SWFC: Tackles attempted 15, successful tackles 13.

Try again.

5 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

But why? Since he has come in, we're actually pressing teams. We look a little more confident in possession and we don't hoof the ball upfield as much.

He needs time to implement his style. You cannot judge him on the remainder of this season at all.

Beggar's belief

Have you read some of the moronic posts on here? Are you surprised?

9 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Yeah exactly. Thought Moore had the set up bang on in the first half. Solid at the back and dangerous on the break. Second half Norwich's quality just shown through.

I think plenty of reason to be optimistic with Moore. Yes we are going down but we've known that for a while.

Agreed, lets hope Chansiri agrees too and doesn't just sack Moore when we go down. Its not going to be his fault, I personally felt relegation was odds on after a disappointing January.

This game was a classic case of being teased by the hope that kills you. 

Build up to that second goal, despite the good finish was frustrating. One player racing forward in a straight line (Windass) losing the ball another then diving in and missing the ball entirely.

7 defeats in a row we should’ve at least stopped the rot being 1 up at half time 

Just now, unkastav said:

Its odd isnt it. Not paid again maybe?

I don't claim to understand the mindset of footballers but when most of the team seemed to be trying at points today... 

I'd go with the chopping and changing of styles that comes with the fluctuations of mangers and therefore doing odd rolls like striker under monk. I'd be fed up with playing for us. Over the season it reminds me of playing Nando at left wing back sort of madness.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Better things to do today, but not surprised. At least we scored and were moderately competitive it sounds. 

This team is garbage, most know they won't be here next season and it shows. Sounds like we ran out of steam again astonishing really after 7 days rest for supposed professional footballers. Too old, too slow, most don't care. 

Most of them aren’t even that old. They just seem to lose the plot when it doesn’t go their way. 

Guest mrbluesky
5 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Off for a walk, before my day gets ruined, and I just slump on the sofa and drink myself in to oblivion.

I'm going for 0-1

Well I'm glad I went for the lucky walk 

Solid effort from Joey and Bannan, along with Hutchinson and Rhodes.

Those four came to play.

Reach looked pretty consistently awful out there.

Norwich focused in on Urghohide second half, an obvious weakness out there, and both goals came on his side while he was off in la-la land.  Both great finishes to be fair to the goal scorers.

Team was well organized in the first half.  We tired, and were less quick to organize in the second.

Need to keep some perspective:  Norwich is a strong side, and we're still putting the pieces back together with Moore.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

L-L-L

The Rotherham game was a disappointing result but we had enough chances to win the game. Borner gifted Reading the game and today we played well for an hour against the side that will win the league.

You might not have noticed but we actually lost a lot of matches before he took over. His record as a manager is decent. I'll give him more of a chance than the 3 games you refer to.