Wednesday - V - Norwich OMDT

If we are honest, if you look at our results against teams in and around us and the fact that we have not gained a single point from a losing position - sadly we deserve to go down.

Its heart braking, but change the name of the football club and look at stats - we are not good enough.

I don't think you can say its that (insert team) particular result relegated us..

However, for me personally... when we drew 3-3 against Derby in the prem (in our relegation season) it genuinely still haunts me, because it was that moment for me personally were I had that "oh no" feeling inside... the Luton collapse at half time was eerily similar.

3 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Plenty of posters on here have been calling for his head since his first or second games.

But why? Since he has come in, we're actually pressing teams. We look a little more confident in possession and we don't hoof the ball upfield as much.

He needs time to implement his style. You cannot judge him on the remainder of this season at all.

Beggar's belief

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Young, fit, athletic, skilful, fantastic movement, fast clinical passing..........all the things we can only hope to be.

Norwich just given us a lesson.

It was men against a team of fat blokes wasn’t it!

A lesson in which we already knew the exam results

Been a big fan of Reach but he doesn't look like he cares anymore, he'll remain a championship player next season I'm sure but it's sad his time is ending with a whimper and not a bang... I sort of expect players to be trying to put themselves in the shop window for other clubs. 

Just now, HootHoot said:

But why? Since he has come in, we're actually pressing teams. We look a little more confident in possession and we don't hoof the ball upfield as much.

He needs time to implement his style. You cannot judge him on the remainder of this season at all.

Beggar's belief

Yep its embarassing.

But no arguing with them, they will stick to their guns and be I told you so when he leaves.

Its more important to them than us winning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, benni8 said:

If we are honest, if you look at our results against teams in and around us and the fact that we have not gained a single point from a losing position - sadly we deserve to go down.

Its heart braking, but change the name of the football club and look at stats - we are not good enough.

I don't think you can say its that (insert team) particular result relegated us..

However, for me personally... when we drew 3-3 against Derby in the prem (in our relegation season) it genuinely still haunts me, because it was that moment for me personally were I had that "oh no" feeling inside... the Luton collapse at half time was eerily similar.

Mate, don't talk about that Derby game, just don't go there.

tenor (4).gif

Just now, Shadowl said:

Been a big fan of Reach but he doesn't look like he cares anymore, he'll remain a championship player next season I'm sure but it's sad his time is ending with a whimper and not a bang... I sort of expect players to be trying to put themselves in the shop window for other clubs. 

Its odd isnt it. Not paid again maybe?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kew Owl said:

Encouraging performance and a much narrower defeat than everyone expected.

A battling performance against the runaway leaders of the division - quite a lot of positives to take from the game

First 60mins agree. We seemed to regress after a bit of pressure. The passing became truly woeful and cost us the game. I’m not sure if it was a mentality thing or fatigue. I thought Moore should have made some earlier subs and slowed down Norwich’s game. But I think we got a glimpse at Moore’s ideas and they looked positive to me. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Go on then 

Reach

Marriott

Windass

Lees

Palmer

Not 7 but half nearly half of the team. 

Bannan was poor second half but Reach was shocking all game, the amount of times him and Palmer shrugged their shoulders and stood still after losing the ball was poor to see.

Windass' decision making is awful. To fail to hit the target when he should have played Pelupessy in sums him up.  

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

You can forgive results like this, its defeats to crap like Wycombe, Birmingham, Rotherham doing the double over us that you cannot forgive. 

Yes, spot on.

Even when we had a good team a few seasons ago we'd have had all on today.