Wednesday - V - Norwich OMDT

When I saw the match day thread this morning I thought that slept all through Saturday and woke up on Sunday. Or had been abducted by aliens and lost some time. Couldn't recollect by bottom probed, so dismissed that. Then I saw the form guide and that Wilder had been sacked, I knew I must have entered an alternate universe where everything Wednesday is positive. Then I realised the truth. Still Saturday night won't be depressing as usual. 🤔

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Siggi's Jonnson said:

abducted by aliens and lost some time. 

This might be our best course of action for Sunday to be honest.

A bit of the old time travel. Go and collect a few parts and we might just have a chance.

image.png.64c4b3071d236fc0a0a885ecbce69132.png

image.png.2f1c1ca07907cabdf42df940a5ddd140.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, horny owl said:

So are we playing at home? I though we were away for this one

Anyway doesn’t matter 3-0 to Norwich 

At half time

5-0 final score

Rubbish new manager talks b0ll0cks at the end

Repeat next week

With another new manager?

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

This might be our best course of action for Sunday to be honest.

A bit of the old time travel. Go and collect a few parts and we might just have a chance.

image.png.64c4b3071d236fc0a0a885ecbce69132.png

image.png.2f1c1ca07907cabdf42df940a5ddd140.png

But would that destroy the fabric of the universe? Butterflies and all that malarky!

• Like 1

Brilliant thread as usual thank you 'M'Lord.

By this time tomorrow the one and only, unbelievably supreme, outstandingly magnificent, emphatically superior and undeniably the .....

Mighty Sheffield Wednesday will be three points better off.

Nowt else matters.

WAWAW

18 (288x300) (240x250).jpg

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Siggi's Jonnson said:

But would that destroy the fabric of the universe? Butterflies and all that malarky!

Quite possibly, Siggers, quite possibly. But I reckon I've only about a score of years to go on this rotting Orb anyway, I'd be willing to take that chance!

Of course, when you start thinking it through though.

Lyons ,Swan and Megson Snr probably get sent off, as proper tackles are no longer permitted.

Some of them would get Covid , there'd be a hamstring tear here and cruciate there. The training ground curse. 

The firebrand Italians might have something to say about not being paid this month.

And they'd half of them probably get played out of position anyway.  Probably end up having to put half the current lot back in for Huddersfield on Thursday anyway.

Ok. We'd leave it as it is. 

Leave our hopes and dreams in the hands of the current lot.

John-Hammond-Damn.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Quite possibly, Siggers, quite possibly. But I reckon I've only about a score of years to go on this rotting Orb anyway, I'd be willing to take that chance!

Of course, when you start thinking it through though.

Lyons ,Swan and Megson Snr probably get sent off, as proper tackles are no longer permitted.

Some of them would get Covid , there'd be a hamstring tear here and cruciate there. The training ground curse. 

The firebrand Italians might have something to say about not being paid this month.

And they'd half of them probably get played out of position anyway.  Probably end up having to put half the current lot back in for Huddersfield on Thursday anyway.

Ok. We'd leave it as it is. 

Leave our hopes and dreams in the hands of the current lot.

John-Hammond-Damn.gif

Thinking about it, cloning is the way forward. We could get 2 Hirsts, when one gets tired in the first half, you bring clone 2 on for the second half. When Sheridan clone 1 gets injured, instead of being out for 2 weeks, clone 2 is fit and ready to go. Also we would get round FFP rules as you never need to go in the transfer market. 😉

1 minute ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

And if that turns out to be the final result,Then Wycombe are only two points behind us.😢

Just looked at the stats at half time, Preston have had 1 shot not on target Wycombe have had 10 with 4 on target.

Not looking good.

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

Just looked at the stats at half time, Preston have had 1 shot not on target Wycombe have had 10 with 4 on target.

Not looking good.

Absolutely.The thought of finishing bottom of the Championship is just too dreadful to contemplate.

14 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.8d9f19a69efb186ff4bc6299f219cdca.png

"Toast, marmalade and a strong pot, Stubbs."

"Uhm, it is 1:30am ,Sir"

"I mean for later, I'm just getting the order in now so to speak. Want to make sure you've got all the supplies in. So, yes, toast Marmalade and a strong pot. Then when I'm dressed I'll come down for the main event. Bacon, eggs, cooked toms too. Fry the loaf I think, and make sure there's a few slices of the old black pudding for me to put myself on the outside of. Yes, I'll need a hearty one all right. Need the innards lining for a tough one in prospect."

"Indeed, a tough game Sir, however it may have escaped your attention, that the game is taking place on Sunday lunch time, Sir"

"The game? I'm not on about that. I know it's on Sunday! Not that I'll be watching or listening, I'm done with them all! I wouldn't watch again if they paid me!"

"Then if I may be so bold as ask..."

"I've a meeting with the Villagers in the square this eve. Been a bit of a stink."

"Really Sir?"

"Yes, yes, 'fraid so. I don't know if you recall last Winter. I promised the villagers they could have the Easter fete in the bottom paddock."

"I do recall, Sir"

"Well, I decided , all being what it is, you know, to charge them entry this year."

"Most philanthropic , Sir"

"Eh?"

"Charging a small admission to further bolster the funds for the new Church roof"

"Ahh. Well, you see, this is the thing you see. I thought we might keep it for the upkeep of the paddock. I mean, they want to come in and tramp about the place, only right there should be a bit of a donation to the cause! Not gone down as well as I'd hoped. "

"I see ,Sir.  Still , the event has been cancelled has it not, with the on going Covid situation so I'm sure it will soon be forgotten."

"Well, there's another thing you see. I've already taken the money up front."

"Up front, Sir?"

"That's what I said isn't it? Yes, I got a bit carried away. Have you ever had any of that Alcoholic ginger beer ,Stubbs?"

"I have not, Sir"

"Well if you take my advice you'll keep it that way. Sunny day, refreshing drink. You know what it's like, the worlds your onion"

"Oyster, Sir"

"Whatever. Anyway, I got to thinking. Take the money up front and it's a triple winner. You see, we bank the cash and then that's ours whatever happens, thing gets rained off and no one turns up, no matter, the cash in already sat in the safe! The second bonus is of course, we can then charge more to those that want to turn up on the day you see. Extra rev. if you get the picture. If the Pay-on-the-dayers do attend - we make more and if they don't attend, then that's no loss either because it means  less riff -raff , you know yourself the type, legs it down from the Miners Helmet at the last minute every year sloshing with ale to see what all the fuss is about. So we win every which way."

giphy.gif

"I understand the thinking, Sir... of the advanced bookings at least."

"Yes, yes. Problem is, I was in the village earlier and I saw old Miss Slaughtermyre from the Womens Institute. Well, you won't believe it, she gave me a right old blast of the foghorn. I ended up with a centre parting."

"A formidable woman ,Sir"

"I'll say. Anyway, I don't know if you've ever been to the edge of the lake to have a little tinkle and the next thing you know the gaping jaws of a crocodile snap from the waters edge?"

"I haven't found myself in that position, no, Sir" 

"Well, me either, but I expect the look on a chaps face that did wouldn't have looked much different from my dial when the Slaughtermyre leapt from behind the postbox. Terrified me. I was 6 feet in the air and the body was still stood in my suit. Anyway, trying appease the old lizard I promised her a refund."

"Most generous ,Sir"

"Too generous Stubbs! Too generous, she's told everyone in the village and now they all want one!"

"This may be beneficial in restoring your reputation, Sir. A silver lining, if you will"

"Yes, I know what you're saying here ,Stubbs,  I do, but I'm afraid this is where the head dips for the third time in the soup though. I can't  give them a refund."

"Why is that,Sir?"

"Well, I've back dated some of it to last years accounts. And I've projected the rest onto next years accounts"

"All of it ,Sir?!"

"Well there were a few groats left"

"Well that's something at least"

"Not really, I gambled it on a nag at the 2:10 at Wimpleton."

"How did it get on ,Sir?"

"image.thumb.png.5e6b9fb634dd62804e8d1458f0a5fc47.png"

" I see ,Sir" 

"There's not a sov. in the pot ,Stubbs. What am I going to do?"

"I wold suggest locking yourself in the tower in the East wing for a few weeks under the pretence of self isolating until this has all blown over,Sir"

"And what am I mean to do up there!"

"You could watch Wednesday, Sir?"

"Ugh! I thought I'd got away with that.  And who's mob are our wretched  lot playing this time?"

"Farke's, Sir"

"They certainly are Stubbs, just the word I was looking for, wretched farke's the lot of them."

------------------------------------  image.png  ---------------------------------

WEDNESDAY

V's

NORWICH CITY

image.png.78c9fb7f4a7f7052b1fc011475666f7e.png

English Championship

Kick Off : 12:15

Hillsborough

Norwich City come to Hillsborough to put another nail in the lid  this  Sunday afternoon looking to move a step closer to winning the Championship title.

Meanwhile, Wednesday begin the weekend sitting seven points adrift of safety with  boss Darren Moore still looking for his first win in charge.

----------------- image.png.de607a280cfe4b92798dc150497585d9.png ---------------

WEDNESDAY

Darren Moore  will be without Julian Borner after the defender was sent off against Reading last weekend.

Cheyenne Dunkley could come back into the middle of defence, unless Moore opts to drop Sam Hutchinson back in and 

Moore must decide who to play up front as the goal shy Owls need wins to have any chance of staying up. Windass, Rhodes, Marriott and Paterson are the options, though none seem to relish the lone role.

image.png.2b5fae20bb1df29f8381495a67e3b144.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NORWICH CITY

Teemu Pukki has now scored nine goals in just seven appearances, while Emiliano Buendia has chipped in with eight contributions in the final third over the same period.

While the influence of the pair cannot be overstated, Norwich have gained a greater advantage at the top of the table through conceding just two goals.

Their fifth clean sheet arrived against Luton Town last weekend, maintaining the momentum ahead of a favourable run of games against Wednesday, Nottingham Forest and Blackburn Rovers before the international break.

Despite having had a week to prepare for this game, Farke may decide to replace Lukas Rupp with Mario Vrancic.

Barring any late injury issues, the remainder of the Norwich XI could stay the same.

image.png.9bb4c5b3a5802b0259a639ea98af06f4.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png.99065bdf955570e497d4bf01fc86b025.png

I hope you save these Snoots...Be a reight read back at seasons end...no matter how it ends...

• Haha 1