Wilder Sacked, all Sheffield's at it!

Silly Pigs! Wilder was kept on for so long after it was obvious they were going down that it seems absolutely pointless to sack him now so close to the end!

He was probably the right man to take them back up and now they will have to faff about finding a new manager who will want to put his own stamp on the team etc etc. 
Now he’ll get a job in the Championship and do the double over the Blades and stop them going up! Happy days!

40 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Spot on

I find it quite odd that grown men get themselves so angry about another team from another part of their city that they wish them the worse.

I don't think about the team from the other half of the city unless we're playing them

its quite strange this season due to us both been so bad this has hardly happened in well over a year.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Blimey - that's a shame

Although his last few press interviews have smacked of someone that's lost their way a bit?

His last 30+ games in charge have smacked as someone who has lost their way a bit!

I don't understand why they would do it now. It looked as though they were writing this season off and keeping Wilder as they thought he was the best man to get them back up, given his previous 4 seasons in charge.

If they intended to get rid of him they should have done it a dozen games or so ago at least. 

I get that the board and Wilder don't see eye to eye but if they didn't see him as the man to turn it around next season then they should have bitten the bullet and given something different a try earlier on in the season.  

28 minutes ago, Animis said:

I think he's one these managers destined to be good at getting teams out of the Championship, but struggle in the EPL.

Warnock has made an art of this for years.

quite true , thats why sacking him now is madness , when your rivals like us are happy then you know they have made a huge mistake . 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I will mercilessly attack any Sheffield United fan I come across armed with this news.  I will berate them, hurt their feelings, point and laugh at them. 

Or what's the point?  

End of the day he's had a better run than he could have ever hoped for, he's poked fun at Wednesday and will walk away with a nice wad and probably into another job pretty quickly. 

He will walk a happy man in the knowledge that he doesn't have to have anything more to do with them, he's probably showering at this very moment to get all the evil and dirtiness out of his very being and damaged soul. 

No one will ever convince me that he was signed by united as anything more than a stop gap he was never signed to get them promotion.

Why?

He was definitely signed with the intention of getting them promoted from the 3rd division based on his lower league record. Something they had failed to do for 5 straight seasons. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why?

He was definitely signed with the intention of getting them promoted from the 3rd division based on his lower league record. Something they had failed to do for 5 straight seasons. 

By the time he was signed united where at the lowest and the owner was looking for away out and as now with Wednesday was just moth balling the club till a buyer came along.

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

His last 30+ games in charge have smacked as someone who has lost their way a bit!

I don't understand why they would do it now. It looked as though they were writing this season off and keeping Wilder as they thought he was the best man to get them back up, given his previous 4 seasons in charge.

If they intended to get rid of him they should have done it a dozen games or so ago at least. 

I get that the board and Wilder don't see eye to eye but if they didn't see him as the man to turn it around next season then they should have bitten the bullet and given something different a try earlier on in the season.  

Suspect that the final straw was next season's budget.....or lack of it

Or more accurately he was getting nothing to spend based on the last 2 years spending

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 11.33.48.jpg

That's THE Chris Turner - former SWFC manager and goalkeeper

Wilder has been angling for his pay off for a while do dont know wot chris turners throwin his two penneth in for