Wilder Gone

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Whilst it’s been imploding at Wednesday I’ve missed what’s been going on at S2 but they seem to make the same mistakes too.

When Warnock was in the premier league with them they bottled the transfer market and made wierd signings.

They’ve done that again. 

Then when relegated they got rid of Warnock for a modern approach, something more high profile and it blew up in their face. Sounds like they want to sell players this time too.

Im really surprised by this and it seems both clubs have some very questionable owners

TBF Warnock has a significantly better CV than wilder

• Like 1

Wilder is Taylor made for clubs who want to punch above their weight but it seems that the squad dynamic changed too. No longer just good lads running through brick walls but now a mix of that with one or two quibbling on pay. Another couple of misfits who have failed reputations ie Burke and it’s quickly diluted. 

Oconnell getting injured and not buying a centre half was ridiculous too 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scram said:

In terms of promotions yeah but he’s not managed to keep a team in the top division. I think wilder as a character created the perfect storm at United and it lasted longer than expected but it seems to have blown over.

He will no doubt get the chance to have a catch at the top end of the Championship though 

It's not a Premier League squad.

Who they think they are going to get in to get the tunes out of them that he did, I don't know.

Their best attacker is a 33 year old given a free by Ipswich.

The prince had better open his wallet because whoever steps in there is going to want to spend all that parachute money. No danger.

Especially if they try and entice a "name"

18 minutes ago, the third man said:

A car crash that has cost them about £50million pounds this seson, thats money they dont have to waste thanks to the prince already spending it

Then why now? They’re already down. They should be looking at the best way to bounce back at the first chance and who better than the man who did it before? 

Don’t get me wrong. I’m thrilled they’ve done it, but it’s a ******** bonkers decision for me. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

He literally took them from the pub league to premier league. Doesn’t he deserve some loyalty after one bad season in 5? They’ve been a car crash this season but it smacks of knee jerk to me. A re-run of when they got rid of Warnock and look what happened there. 

He did and then he splooged 150 million on utter dross and got them relegated with one of the most dismal showings in PL history. 

You take the praise when it comes and the criticism too...except Chris Wilder seemed to think he was above and beyond the latter. 

All this he's one of them bo11ocks. No, he's not. He was in it for himself and he always was, hence why he used every slight hint of a crisis to get himself a new and improved contract. And yeah, for a long time, he could do no wrong there and was pretty much ruling the roost. Thing start to awry and he proceeds to blame literally everyone but himself - the players, the lack of fans, the board and so on. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

He literally took them from the pub league to premier league. Doesn’t he deserve some loyalty after one bad season in 5? They’ve been a car crash this season but it smacks of knee jerk to me. A re-run of when they got rid of Warnock and look what happened there. 

Of course he deserves some loyalty after that, but unfortunately this is modern day football and that doesn't exist anymore.

They knew they were in trouble in Jan, they either needed to get rid then or keep him in the championship where I'm sure he'd give them a decent chance of bouncing back. Can't see much sense in changing now, must've been another recent bust up and they've decided to call it quits.

8 minutes ago, scram said:

Warnock is 20 years older than Wilder. How many times has Colin kept someone in the premier league? 

Wilder has done an incredible job. If he’d done that at Wednesday and just been booted this site would be in meltdown. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's not a Premier League squad.

Who they think they are going to get in to get the tunes out of them that he did, I don't know.

Their best attacker is a 33 year old given a free by Ipswich.

The prince had better open his wallet because whoever steps in there is going to want to spend all that parachute money. No danger.

Especially if they try and entice a "name"

If it's not a premier league squad then that's a hugely bad indicment of wilder isn't it?

Is it because he's a sheffielder that he gets so much of a free pass?

His performance this season has been one of the worst in premier league history

Yet some on here go on about him like he's the second coming of Rinus Michels

2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Of course he deserves some loyalty after that, but unfortunately this is modern day football and that doesn't exist anymore.

They knew they were in trouble in Jan, they either needed to get rid then or keep him in the championship where I'm sure he'd give them a decent chance of bouncing back. Can't see much sense in changing now, must've been another recent bust up and they've decided to call it quits.

It’s short termism. Look at Burnley and how they kept Dyche when they went down. They’re now and established PL club. The owner is taking a massive gamble on the next guy emulating Wilder. 

Hear what you’re saying about no loyalty in football now- but that doesn’t mean it makes sense. Just more batty owners making baffling decisions. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scram said:

If it's not a premier league squad then that's a hugely bad indicment of wilder isn't it?

Is it because he's a sheffielder that he gets so much of a free pass?

His performance this season has been one of the worst in premier league history

Yet some on here go on about him like he's the second coming of Rinus Michels

Bad season. Bad recruitment. Bit of bad luck with injuries (for the first time since Job was a lad)

But the bulk of the best performers have been his old boys.  I just can't see another manager going in there ad getting the performances he's dragged out of some of those...Championship and League one players. 

IMO Wilder will have no shortage of offers. 

United will get plenty of applications I'm sure. And they will all want to spend vast amounts of money.

He's been getting the age of the squad down with singings like Bogle, Kean and Lowe ,IMO ready for a rebuild. 

5 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

I just don't get why you would wait until now to chuck him. 

My mate said its only a month ago that the Prince said he'd still be in charge if they went down. 

Somebody has pooed on somebody's desk haven't they. 

He's wanted to get sacked. 

He's been pretty much pleading with them to get rid of him in the press now for a month or so. 

I don't like the bloke, but he's not an idiot. 

Quite a manipulative individual imho. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Norwich were poor last season but kept their manager and team and seem likely to bounce back. 

Because Norwich didn't expect to stay up, spent nothing, and then had the money to buy well this season and look like they will go back

Utd didn't expect to do as well as they did for the 75% of last season, stayed up, now they had expectations for this season, probably the first time Wilder had expectations to perform while has been there, and he has failed

He wasted millions, the prince borrowed millions against future income, the pressure to improve obviously got to him, and he has failed

The prince wont have money to invest next season, without selling, so what has happened has happened

Unlike most on here i don't think next season would be easy for Wilder, selling players they could, in a fire sale so wouldn't get their market value, and would have to start again to build a promotion winning team, with even more expectations on him to do well, he could well have bottled next season as well

• Like 1