Jordan Rhodes has got a huge part to play

Darren Moore on Jordan Rhodes

I’ve worked with him before and I know what he can do. He has wonderful composure in terms of goals and so on.

I’m really pleased with him, and the whole group. They have to keep raising that level of commitment.

At the moment all the players have a role to play. Even though contracts are up, despite what may come. They’re all contracted.

I’m going to stick with the facts. He’s our player and he’s a good player. He’s got a huge part to play.

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Why big him up and then not play him? For god sake put Rhodes and Paterson up top and put crosses in!

Even if it’s one up top with three behind put Rhodes on and stick Paterson in the three! Paterson up top on his own isn’t the answer to anything I’m afraid. 

Afraid Moores wanting to play it out and one up front will see no role for JR.......

"Hes a good player" 14 goals in 4 years for us would suggest that he isn't. 

I've genuinely wanted him to come good and every time we see a slight improvement the following games he's been garbage and ends up back on the bench or out of the squad. What a truly awful waste of money he's been. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, megsonstheman said:

10 x better than Paterson

At what?

Completely different player and skill set, but even if you want to talk striking ability....

Total

Rhodes:  100 games, 16 goals, 4 assists.

Paterson:  33 games, 7 goals, 3 assists.

2020/21

Rhodes:  26 games, 3 goals, 0 assists.

Not to mention that Rhodes costs about £500k per goal.

Rhodes might have been 10x better than Paterson seven years ago.  He's certainly not now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bobness said:

Every new manager when they sign... and then none play him.

:ghoulguy:

I'm actually in favour of playing Rhodes with Paterson (because he's at least a striker on contract, and an expensive contract, and so smoke em if you got em), but to me the most damning thing when it comes to Rhodes is that we've had five different assessments of him by five different managers, and it seems none feel that he is up to the task or can be relied upon.

All of them come in with high hopes.  None of them end up following through, even when things get ugly.

One manager that doesn't play him is a manager's perogative. 

Closing in on a half dozen that choose not to play him surely speaks to a bigger issue with the player in terms of remaining ability, fitness, or commitment.  Something is up there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

2020/21

Rhodes:  26 games, 3 goals, 0 assists.

This season:-

Rhodes - Goal every 245 minutes

Paterson - Goal every 367 minutes

Rhodes can’t score from the stands. 

For the life of me I can’t understand his absence. It’s plain to the blind that we need goals, yet Windass (also goal every 367 minutes) gets in before Rhodes.

A Rhodes-Paterson front pairing, with Windass as back-up would have seen us 16th-21st.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1