Hudds Chairman: ‘Carlos cost SWFC the Premier League’

4 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

He’s bang on.

We’d done the double over them in the regular season, we had better players and they had their reserve keeper in goal for the first leg.

There was no reason for us to be so negative in those matches but Carlos approached the final the previous year in exactly the same way.

If I’d have been Chansiri he’d have been sacked before he got into the dressing room after the final against Hull.

Ditto last para.

Carlos had no discernible or consisted record of winning vital matches - his record and the number of clubs he managed spoke for itself.

I don’t think he knew how to counter Hull but dropping Lopez was a big mistake.  We knew how Hull would lineup and once our selection and formation were clear it was plain our chances were slim.

Money was clearly available following the Hull loss but CC wasn’t the man to make the most of it .  Our preseason that year was diabolical, evidence he had taken us as far as he could- epitomised by the resigning of Semedo, showing we had no plan/strategy whatsoever and culminating Rhodes and Abdi joining, two of our worst signings ever. 

When one looks back we really blew it on all levels - landing us where we currently are.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Yeah right, and that was why he was so keen to use them

Dont gerron t'me, it is what has been reported in his article, by himself.

And dont forget, he brought all his mates in to the club as the medical staff, that worked out well.

On 12/03/2021 at 07:58, vulva said:

He might want to get his facts straight. Tom Lees scored the goal for Huddersfield. And they won the playoffs without scoring a goal, so they can hardly take the moral high ground on positive football. 

And finished the season on -1 goal difference...