The conundrum that is Barry Bannan

The conundrum that is Barry Bannan  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your view, a binary choice!

• He is a key player for the future and DM needs to build his team around him.
    • He’s not the player he once was/might have been, thanks for the memories Bazza but it’s time to go.

On 11/03/2021 at 20:59, Lodge Moor Owl said:

I’m not a fan, good work rate, but increasingly lost his bottle. Lateral passes or turning back towards our defence plus too many crosses that don’t clear the first man and it’s a no from me.

Saw nothing to change my mind today, the second half lateral pass that was 30 yards away from any player and went out for a throw in a particular low point.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, BIG D said:

If he has half the career Bannan has he’ll do ok.

That’s one and he won’t be here next season so carry on.

Iorfa but just think we could try and scout a better player like other teams have for a lot less money than Bannan is on. Or do we have stick with Bannan for eternity?

• Love 1

45 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Iorfa but just think we could try and scout a better player like other teams have for a lot less money than Bannan is on. Or do we have stick with Bannan for eternity?

We stick with Bannan until we get at least 2 better midfielders than him. That makes sense to me 

Edited by BIG D

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Shaw for starters

He’s not even that good.. he’s played 17 games for us, in 2 of those he got himself sent off and put us under pressure with one of them costing us the game against a key relegation rival. He’s also been anonymous in about half of the other games.. stood out in a handful.

He doesn’t have that much quality on the ball he’s just got a good frame and is a decent athlete, he’s not the next Steven Gerrard. It’s not even clear he’ll make it at a decent level yet, it wouldn’t be the first time.

Bannan has been a top championship player for about 5 years so can’t compare. That said I think they all need to go including Bannan for us to be able to move on and rebuild 

Laughable really. One minute people are moaning and crying because a young lad from the academy who is supposedly wednesday through and through has decided to jump ship and move to Celtic and there's no loyalty in football. 

The next minute people are pushing away our best senior player (yes he was poor today) who has just signed a new contract declaring he wants to play the rest of his career for this club despite them staring relegation in the face. 

If a player of Barry Bannan's calibre will stay with us in L1 then we'd be absolutely mad to get rid of him. He will pick holes in many a L1 defence, but he'll need players around him to benefit from it.

IF we can get back at the first attempt our ambition will dictate whether he should remain in the side, but for L1 it's a no brainer - Bannan would probably be the division's player of the year.

Re Bannan at this current moment- he needs a rest and only seems to have 70 mins on him.