Camera pictures from old games

1 hour ago, Comeonwednesday said:

League Cup v dem Blavdes August 1980

Jeff Johnson scores the second in a 2-0 win.

Managed to blag my way in with a camera.

Couldn't happen now of course.

Couple more pictures on their way.

image.png.2605da381a0e016bfca7360ed5b9ec03.png

I don’t suppose you have any of the blunts end in that league cup game by any chance? I believe they only took 4-5k that game yet a mate of mine claims they almost filled the Lep. I think there was about 24k for the home leg.

Great photos by the way.

Chapman giving the Cov defender the elbow - the defender would be down rolling around now.

Interesting that the Chelsea fans seemed not the use their three-tier stand, and the majority were on the shed end and down the side stand. Probably most standing so presumably for cost. Can you imagine offering that choice to their fans now.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Since 1971 said:

Following posting my photo of Hirsty's last minute goal in 1987 against Man Utd, by sort of popular demand, here are a few more. Sorry about the picture quality, it wasn't a great camera. And these are photos of old prints.

First November 1987, v QPR won 3-1. It was cold. And yes kids, professional footballers did play on pitches like that.

20210311_121507.jpg

20210311_121517.jpg

Loved the south stand then

3 hours ago, Prendo's boots said:

These are great shots chap!! I've got some b/w pics my Dad took from 74/75 when we actually won 5-0 at home to Cardiff following a 5-1 away win at Notts Co...he sneaked it in and got a few really good shots... He processed them himself and used the pantry at home as a dark room too... I'll look em out in the next few days!!! 

I remember that 5-1 win at Notts County. It was an Eric McMordie game wasn't it?

Guest hirstysfags
4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The mad thing is even though people have camera phones you still rarely see photos documenting people's matchdays

That's it. It's usually just bars and pubs which tells you nothing.

58 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I don’t suppose you have any of the blunts end in that league cup game by any chance? I believe they only took 4-5k that game yet a mate of mine claims they almost filled the Lep. I think there was about 24k for the home leg.

Great photos by the way.

I don't think they took that.

I was sat in front of 'em for the second half and have no memory of thinking "bloody el they've brought a few".

I'll have a look at my old negatives but I don't think I would have taken any pictures of them.

Wouldn't waste film you see, not like now you only had 36 frames to go at.

Be tomorrow now, I've had a beer.

7 minutes ago, Since 1971 said:

When our bogey team was at least half decent rather than Brentford or Preston......

20210311_121554.jpg

20210311_1215541.jpg

Think that’s Everton

looks like Greame Sharp near the ball?

The picture before from 88’ is Old Trafford

What great pictures mate

Thanks for posting

• Like 1